Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Yep, there they are: The right's favourite scapegoats; public services and immigrants. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

They're also punting a "Don't worry! Boris is going to get to the bottom of this!" line.

(Which, yes, is more scapegoating.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Rich arsehole publicly doesn't give a fuck about China's genocide against the Uyghars: Backlash as US billionaire dismisses Uyghur abuse.

I expect he profits quite nicely from their enslavement. Long term, he may have issues with the forced sterilization, though. How can you turn a profit from the next generation if they're not going to be born?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Loving this clickbait image from Channel 4 News:

Gie's a job! I can do that! I can have parties! That's easy, that is!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Leigh S

Privilege is being able to make a successful career out of being a liar, despite being a really shit liar.

IndigoPrime

Privilege is also being able to instigate policy against scientific advice that you know will lead to thousands of unnecessary deaths, all because you think it might save your own skin.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 18 January, 2022, 10:39:27 PM
Loving this clickbait image from Channel 4 News:

Gie's a job! I can do that! I can have parties! That's easy, that is!

:)

Cummings definitely has the Yosser look there, but I'm not sure who should be begging who for a job...
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

CalHab

Apparently Boris Johnson is now more likely to stay in power now that an MP has crossed the floor and he's being directly attacked.

Just another day in a broken country, with a broken system and a broken media.

IndigoPrime

Telegraph claiming today "up to five" Con MPs are considering crossing the floor. Well, I suppose zero is technically "up to five".

Trooper McFad

Now accusations that the Whips are Blackmailing Con Mps to toe the line. I always knew they (whips) stronge armed the backbenchers to support the party line but to go as far as "Blackmail" surely that's a step too far?

I wonder  what skeletons they were going to use and against who?
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Legendary Shark

"Skeletons" imply wrongdoings, improprieties, illegalities - which in turn suggests that such malfeasances are being deliberately withheld from the electorate in order to make unsuitable persons appear fit for government in the first place.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 20 January, 2022, 12:01:28 PM
"Skeletons" imply wrongdoings, improprieties, illegalities - which in turn suggests that such malfeasances are being deliberately withheld from the electorate in order to make unsuitable persons appear fit for government in the first place.

That sounds tremendously Machiavellian, but then I realized it's also how people behave in job interviews and on first dates.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tiplodocus

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 20 January, 2022, 12:01:28 PM

Possibly the main thing is withholding constituency funding with which you could try blackmail someone with no skeletons.

I note that the phrase "there's no evidence this happened" has been trotted out as opposed to a proper denial.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

sheridan

Keeping detailed files on 'leverage' which could be applied by the whips when necessary has been a thing for decades - unusual for it to be mentioned in public though.