Main Menu

New 2000AD Covers Blog

Started by Pete Wells, 06 July, 2009, 06:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

An Alex Ronald double whammy on my blog today as he shows us how he made the covers of Megs 362 and 356!

Pete Wells

This weeks' phenomenal Dredd cover by Jake Lynch is on my blog today! I seriously love this cover!

Pete Wells

Mr Kendall's spooky-dooky cover is on the blog today. Read it at your peril Earthlets! Also, as a bonus, Dave sent his Tales of Telguuth GN process too, happy days!

Pete Wells

This weeks' clippetyclop-tastic cover by the Godlike Henry Flint is on my blog today!

Woah there Neddy!

Eamonn Clarke

c in A level art for the best current Dredd artist just goes to show how little you can tell from examination results.

Pete Wells

A tale of two Daves! Dave Kendall's making of this weeks' Judge Death cover is up this morning and I put Dave Taylor's Dredd cover up on Friday. Two absolute stunners, enjoy my friends!

Dash Decent

Quote from: Pete Wells on 06 September, 2015, 09:47:53 PM

Woah there Neddy!

Everyone's jumping on the bandwagon with those meditative colouring books.  Apart from the mindful/anti-stress ones, there's a Sherlock one on the way, ditto Doctor Who, Alice in Wonderland (Tenniel illustrations), Disney Princesses, Art Deco, etc.

2000AD is cram-packed with stacks of great art and uncoloured work stages like the above on Pete's blog.  I'd love to see Rebellion join in with a Judge Dredd colouring book.  It only needs to be 48-56 pages and the paper doesn't need to be glossy as it's got to take pencil.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Whoops, let me try that again:

Quote from: Pete Wells on 06 September, 2015, 09:47:53 PM

Woah there Neddy!

Everyone's jumping on the meditative colouring books bandwagon at the moment.  Apart from the mindful/anti-stress ones, there's a Sherlock one on the way, ditto Doctor Who, Alice in Wonderland (Tenniel illustrations), Disney Princesses, Art Deco, etc.

2000AD is cram-packed with stacks of great art and uncoloured work stages like the above on Pete's blog.  I'd love to see Rebellion join in with a Judge Dredd colouring book.  It only needs to be 48-56 pages and the paper doesn't need to be glossy as it's got to take pencil.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Pete Wells

Brilliant idea Dash! I'm sure it'd be cheap as chips to do. I vote for this:

Colin YNWA

Heavens to Betsy that's a great idea!

Dash Decent

Quote from: Pete Wells on 20 September, 2015, 03:53:27 PM
Brilliant idea Dash! I'm sure it'd be cheap as chips to do. I vote for this:

That's exactly the kind of thing!  Full of detail, crisp lines, lots to colour.  Ditto McMahon's wraparound cover for prog 169 or the "Um, synthi sausage" from prog 333.

It probably wouldn't take more than five minutes to compile - Tharg's droids can't go two feet without tripping over stacks of brilliant B&W art, and you could use big names like Bolland as an additional selling point - "You colour Bolland!  You colour Ezquerra!  You colour Flint!"
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

M.I.K.

I suggested the same thing six years ago, way before this adult colouring-in book lark took off big time, but did Tharg and his droids listen?  Noooo.

Also, 2000 3D.

Pete Wells

Step by step of Chris Burnham's chaotic cover is up today! Happy Saturday everyone!

Dash Decent

Quote from: M.I.K. on 25 September, 2015, 04:14:56 AM
I suggested the same thing six years ago, way before this adult colouring-in book lark took off big time, but did Tharg and his droids listen?  Noooo.

Also, 2000 3D.

Great minds think alike, M.I.K.  It's just that mine is a lot slower.

2000 3D is a fantastic idea.  Now I want one too!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Pete Wells

The making of Rufus Dayglo's hole-ly awesome Bad Company cover is on my blog today AND a sneaky peek of Nick Percival and Mike Carroll's next Dredd tale. I Kano believe it!!!

There are some absolutely wonderful thumbnails for this one. I'd really like to see ALL of Rufus' ideas turned into covers!!!

http://2000adcovers.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/rufus-dayglo-take-heart.html