Main Menu

New 2000AD Covers Blog

Started by Pete Wells, 06 July, 2009, 06:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Whazzat? You want a walloping great Mick McMahon special on my covers blog you say? Featuring loads of Hi-Res classic covers. Well off you jolly well go then...

vzzbux

Tharg should be arrested as a Jimp.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Spikes

Fantastic stuff, Pete ....and pure genius from Mick.

Pete Wells

Jon's excellent wraparound is up. Remember to right click the images and View in a new tab to see 'em Hi-Rez instead of using blogger's shitey slideshow thing...

Mardroid

Love that! That looks excellent. I wasn't a fan of the werewolf look in the first series (they're well drawn, but were a bit too bear-like for my taste). THAT werewolf looks suitably nasty and evil though.

And Rowan's still cute as a button 15 years on. Think she's filled out a bit.. but not in a bad way. Or maybe it's just a trick of the T-Shirt...

Pete Wells

Neil Roberts brill Dante cover, along with a load of cheek, is on my blog...

Pete Wells

Today's frikkin' AMAZING flesh wraparound by Mark Harrison is on my blog, with sketches and 3d models!

exilewood

I know it's been going for ages & everything, but I just wanted to say thanks, your covers blog is bloody magnificent!

Pete Wells

Thanks to you exilewood, that genuinely means a lot.

Pete Wells

At last, an update!!! I'm still waiting on Mr McCarthy to get back to me but thankfully the brilliant, brilliant, brilliant Chris Weston has sent me this weeks' mind boggling cover!

WhitBloke

I'm probably waaaay out in the tall grass with this opinion and I apologise should I offend anybody's sensibilities in having the inexcusable gall to even consider saying this but it has to be said.  Chris Weston is Spartacus and so is your blog.  By which I of course mean, bloody well fantastic.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: WhitBloke on 27 March, 2012, 01:09:10 AM
I'm probably waaaay out in the tall grass with this opinion and I apologise should I offend anybody's sensibilities in having the inexcusable gall to even consider saying this but it has to be said.  Chris Weston is Spartacus and so is your blog.  By which I of course mean, bloody well fantastic.

Finally something we can all agree on!

Emperor

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 27 March, 2012, 01:48:18 AM
Quote from: WhitBloke on 27 March, 2012, 01:09:10 AM

Finally something we can all agree on!

I was tempted to disagree with you for the hell of it, but I crumbled in the face of that cover. That is going on the list for consideration when the cover of the year swings around again.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

ming

Quote from: Pete Wells on 22 February, 2012, 08:11:46 PM
Whazzat? You want a walloping great Mick McMahon special on my covers blog you say? Featuring loads of Hi-Res classic covers. Well off you jolly well go then...

I love that post so much I'm willing even to forget that you included one of Cam Kennedy's pieces in the line-up... (forgivable as he'd obviously been told to channel McMahon, same as for the Slaine cover he did)  ;)

:)

Pete Wells

Thanks for the great comments guys, it really means a lot, especially as its all other people's work!

Oi Ming, wot yoo talking' aboot?