Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Oh dear, hope Shark okay? His profile shows his last on here on that day?

The Legendary Shark

Just spent 26 hours in the iso cubes and have collected a goodly arrangement of new cuts, bruises and gouges but, hey, I'm a proper rebel now! I'll write a fuller report when I've found somewhere to crash.

And thanks all for your kind thoughts - really cheered me up on 'getting out'!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 13 May, 2014, 05:04:24 PM
Just spent 26 hours in the iso cubes and have collected a goodly arrangement of new cuts, bruises and gouges but, hey, I'm a proper rebel now! I'll write a fuller report when I've found somewhere to crash.

Bloody hell man.  At least you're still with us.

CrazyFoxMachine

Yikes Shark - relieved you're (relatively) okay!

ZenArcade

Glad to hear you're ok buddy; not so glad to hear about cuts and bruises. Keep in touch with the thread, evidently a lot of people are very concerned for your wellbeing. Z ps: leave one of the guys a contactable number.  ;)
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Professor Bear

Hope you're well despite current circumstances, Sharky.

JamesC

I've just seen a European Election Broadcast by the BNP.

It was weird.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 13 May, 2014, 05:04:24 PM

Jesus.  Glad you're (relatively) ok! Sorry to hear you've lost your gaff though; I hope it all works out for you
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Third Estate Ned

Quote from: JamesC on 13 May, 2014, 07:10:47 PM
I've just seen a European Election Broadcast by the BNP.

It was weird.

This would be laughable if it wasn't also weird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK0dQHSuVoc

Looks delicious. Not sure if those spuds are 100% indigenous, though.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I don't know what to make of these elections. Or the European Union.

I think it's a good idea, but politics is where good ideas go to die.
You may quote me on that.

Dode C

Good grief Sharky! Sounds like the past couple of days have been hard on you. Hope you're bearing up as well as can be expected and I really hope things work out.

The Legendary Shark

Sleeping in a friend's workshop tonight and already the possibility of an actual writer's garret loft thing to move into. Will post more tomorrow - surprisingly tired at the moment for some reason.
Again, thank you all for your touching concern - as I think (hope) I've said before,  this situation is entirely of my own construction so I really don't deserve it but I'm jolly glad it's there :-)
Also, please don't worry - although I haven't particularly enjoyed the last couple of days it has been a terribly informative and inspiring time (lol - I'm talking like I've just served 26 years at Shawshank instead of a day in a  Skelmersdale cop shop cell!).
When (if) I get my computer back, there will certainly be at least one Iso Cube Dredd story to be typed into it.
Thanks again - I love you all :-X

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 14 May, 2014, 12:11:44 AM
Sleeping in a friend's workshop tonight and already the possibility of an actual writer's garret loft thing to move into.

That sounds pretty damn nice.  While I hate the simple-minded saying 'Everything happens for a reason' (of course it does - the tsunami that killed tens of thousands in 2004 happened because of an earthquake, for example), maybe some good will come out of this whole sorry mess and you'll have a really decent place to live. 

Also, I'm simultaneously dreading and looking forward to your iso-cube tales!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Chin up, keep walking forward and bloody well slug any sod that tries to stop you. We're thinking of you, Sharky.

Prodigal2

Even the relative newbies like me are behind you Sharkers.