Main Menu

Holy hype! Guess who has returned?

Started by Thread Zero, 09 December, 2001, 09:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Forgive this advertisement Rebellion!

I thought I'd just like to tell everyone that the sequel to the acclaimed 1986 Batman story - The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Millar and Lynn Varley - has just come out.

Entitled - The Dark Knight Strikes Back, it's set three years on from the end of The Dark Knight Returns.

Many people considered The Dark Knight Returns as instrumental in changing the way comic books were perceived by non comic fans.

No longer were they regarded as immature, having an artistic merit to rival that of a conventional novel.

I must admit I recently re-read Dark Knight and thought it wasn't as ground breaking as people believed. I always thought the end, where Batman beats up Superman, was really silly!

But then I always preferred Judge Dredd anyway!

scojo - spraying myself with bat shark repellent...

Thread Zero

Forgive my error, it is called The Dark Knight Knight Strikes Again not Strikes Back.

scojo

Thread Zero

Actually it doesn't have two Knights in the title either!

Hee hee!

scojo drunk as usual

death monkey 23

The Dark Knight Returns - III've read that.  I remember the camp crusader actually killed someone.  With a fuckoff great gun it was.  Also, the dude nearly killed Superman, and there was a comedy cameo from Ronald Reagan.

The art was a bit rubbish, though.  I didn't like the whole thing, that much, to be honest.  It's Batman whatever way you look at it innit?

Still, be interesting to see the new one.

P.S.  I also remember the back of the book had a photo of Frank Miller.  He had a right twatty hairstyle!

Dominic O'Rourke

just try DK2, as an abbreviation! I didn't think much of Millers follow up this time, too much sin city influence on the bat-verse, for all that DK1 was so ground breaking, the follow up, kind of just ruffles the ground around a little and puts most of it back in place, really like Diarmud Galvin on Changing Rooms!
Member No. 10