Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 November, 2019, 06:26:38 AMIn another 27 years there'll be outrage over the suggestion that the Tories want to sell our internet but Labour plan to fund it with an extra £3bn per year saved when Earxit (the UK's bid to leave planet Earth) goes through.

Earxit is only for the rich people as the wildfires and floods claim their surface homes and the mobs find the luxury bunkers.

Frank

No idea who does Her Majesty's PR, but their services will probably be available to other employers very soon:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000c1j4/newsnight-prince-andrew-the-epstein-scandal-the-newsnight-interview

IndigoPrime

Just as well for him not all BBC content is yet available for a full year.

Tjm86

Talk about a car crash.  It's gone from "I have no recollection of the young lady in question"  to "I definitely did not engage in sexual activity with the young lady in question".

Anyone who has ever questioned a small child knows exactly what it means when the story starts changing ...

JOE SOAP

Steve Green

Quote from: Frank on 17 November, 2019, 11:12:48 AM

No idea who does Her Majesty's PR, but their services will probably be available to other employers very soon:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000c1j4/newsnight-prince-andrew-the-epstein-scandal-the-newsnight-interview

They quit before the interview when he decided to go against their advice.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 17 November, 2019, 12:22:28 PM
Newsnight for non-subjects.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AKQi3wzNFGQ

Gosh, maybe having an hereditary monarchy with all its unwanted offspring gadding about like they actually deserve all the fawning and earned the unimaginable wealth isn't the terrific idea it must have appeared to be back in 830AD when Egbert declared himself Bretwalda

I've seldom seen anything quite so like a deleted chapter of From Hell.

But thank goodness you Brits have a robust democracy that reliably produces a legitimate moral counter to the 19th C rummagings of the Saxe-Coburg & Gothas.  Ummm.

Frank

CalHab

There was a commentator on the BBC this morning saying that the problem was that the Prince Andrew came across as "privileged and entitled". You don't say.

Professor Bear

This is a country where Boris Johnson is a man of the people so possibly that statement isn't that bonkers.

The Queen wouldn't have been so elitist about her connections to the world's most prolific billionaire pedophile - she'd have tossed some shade by wearing her least-fancy conflict diamonds when she bought a 12 year old off him to feed to the corgis.  She won the war for us, probably.

CalHab

"Dieu et mon droit", as the royal family's coat of arms keep reminding us.

Professor Bear

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum.

TordelBack

It's hard to imagine how a man  who has had to deal with the media his entire life could so comprehensively stuff-up saying:  "I was flattered by Epstein's courtship of me which made me feel relevant, and befuddled by all the attention of pretty young girls that it entailed, I didn't see what was going on under my nose or how my presence legitimised and sheltered it. I'm a self-absorbed moron who was out of his depth and I can't apologise enough for being an unwitting party and causing such hurt to so many".

JayzusB.Christ

Well, the guy is innocent until proven guilty.  But at least we can rest assured that, in the light of so many cases of paedophilia being swept under the carpet due to privilege, lessons have been learned and he'll be investigated and punished if he has been shown to have committed any crimes.

Like fuck he will.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"