Main Menu

A whole year of Dudley

Started by Trout, 23 July, 2004, 06:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

It has come to my attention that today is the first anniversary of Dudley's participation in this message board.

I congratulate him - and, recently, her - on this grand milestone, and express hopes his special brand of heart-warming drivel stays with us for many more years to come.

A quick search of the site shows that, in the last year, Dudley has posted more than 300,000 times, giving a rough average of a thousand posts each day.

In that time he has made at least six valid points although, admittedly, all of them had been made by someone else beforehand.

If we had more people like him, the rest of us could just give up and go home.

All hail Studley Dudley!

- Trout

DavidXBrunt

When most of us see messages from Dudley we DO give up and go home.

Congratulations Dudlette. Now dance.

Dudley

Why, thanks for noticing, Senor Trout.  But this undiginified flattery won't get you anywhere... I'm still a dedicated follower of Floyd.

But I will take the opportunity to say out loud, that it's been great being here and I hope you don't all turn on me like a pack of rabid animals for at least another couple of years.

Without this board I wouldn't have:
- written my own comic strips
- found a great artist to illustrate them
- met several people I'm happy to call true friends (not mentioning them by name, it might not be the case the other way round)
- met some of the creators I've admired since I was a youth
- some more abstract stuff, to do with attitude and actually getting on and doing things as opposed to sitting on my arse and waiting for the world to happen.  Some people here are really inspiring that way.

And the great thing is, being on the internet means never having to buy pints for people after this kind of statement.

Trout

Actually, I think I owe you a drink.

Looking forward to this Dreddcon.

Has anyone else noticed the way increasing numbers of us know each other?

Who says the internet's only good for looking at p0rn?

- Trout

Oddboy

"never having to buy pints for people"

...Oddboy starts to reconsider Tuesday's trip to the pub...

Better set your phaser to stun.

Mr C

3000 posts? Bloody hell, doesn't he ever shut up?

Happy anniversary Dudley, may your posts continue to amuse and confuse!

Bolt-01

A Year?

Is that all, feels like you've been here forever. :P

Bolt-01

Richmond Clements

Happy whateverday Dudley.

I know what you're saying, I've got a couple of pages of art hanging over my desk that I would never have had without the magic of the interweb.

petemaskreplica

A year? doesn't seem like a day over five. Are you going to have a nostalgic punch-up with Timson to celebrate, Dud? ;)

Actually, I'm about 5 weeks from celebrating (if that's the right word) my second year board birthday. Doesn't seem like a day over 10. Oh, what adventures I've had in that time!

petemaskreplica shudders

ming

Happy anniversary, Duds.

Still, it's a shame Dudlette didn't have such staying power.  I hope we see her again one day.  

Perhaps we should arrange a 'ladies night' where we all give sway to our feminine urges and post as Floydette, Troutette, Bou-ette, etc, and compliment / bitch about each others hair and or dress sense?

Heh.

Floyd-the-k

Happy Anniversary Dud. You`ve posted a lot of well-written, well thought out stuff here.
  You can change back into a woman for one night every year as a prize for being so nice. Probably.

yours vizquotingly,

ex-King Floyd

Devons Daddy

wow a year already,
how many posts then dudley?

i cant remeber when i came here first.
how can you check? can you check? if it go back to your earlist post i would be crashing the entire clubs network downloading that many posts.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mr D

DD - your first post was on the 12th June 02 at 5.20AM UK time.

Since then you've posted 4281 great contributions (though only 54 chatroom messages)

Devons Daddy

wow really.
i have been here over two years.

yes im not a chat room type,thankyou for that mr dribbles.

as for ladies night. would that include going to the toilette together as well? something i have never understood.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!