Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Nowt wrong with natural medicine - it's got us through most of the last 20,000 years. Hope your symptoms improve soon, PaddyK.

My thoughts are with you and your Dad, Emps.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Kerriste, Paddy that's shite, hope it gets sorted soon.  While I can see the sense in your 'any port in a storm' approach, don't get me started on 'complimentary' medicine.  Anyone who thinks they've done mankind any good whatsoever ought to review mortality rates prior to the 20th C.

Van Dom

Best wishes to your dad Emperor. You too Paddy.
Man this thread always puts my piddling problems at work into perspective.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

TordelBack

Quote from: Van Dom on 13 May, 2011, 11:33:07 AM
Best wishes to your dad Emperor. You too Paddy.
Man this thread always puts my piddling problems at work into perspective.

Testify, brother. 

Peter Wolf

First off i am not superstitious but Friday 13th struck today with a vengeance as i have been driven to distraction and the depths of despair and frustration by people today who seem to be conspiring to make my life as difficult as they possibly can by not sticking to what was previously arranged and moving the goalposts.I am trying to run a business and offer a reliable service and this is making me look very very unprofessional but i have gone to the time and trouble of explaining the situation to my my existing client and the next client and as a result of that they understand the situation.

Right now as an effect of the stress and frustration i am hyperventilating and trying very hard to gather myself and i have just opened the first cold can of beer which means i have literally been driven to drink which is somewhere i would rather not find myself.

To add insult to injury for the last 2 days or so i have been helping out a friend  :lol:  who has been doing internal alterations to his flat at a vastly reduced daily rate as a favor you understand as fortunate for himself i had a window in my scheduling which meant i had time to spare.So this evening i was expecting a payment as per the arrangement only to be told "No cash until you have finished the job" which was not the arrangement.This is not the way i expect to be treated after getting my friend out of another one of his messes as his attitude to me stinks and i feel i have been used and abused and my trust and generosity has been violated.No thank you for my work was offered.No comments just nothing at all.

I didnt take this very well at all and i am not known for diplomacy in these kinds of situations and i was t h a t close  >:( >:( to solving this particular problem by punching him in the face and potentially doing him some real harm or worse* [I can become very unpleasent if pushed and i dont know my own strength] but luckily i avoided that by simply packing up my tools and leaving after telling him to go Fuck himself and his job that i was doing as a favor.He was giving me attitude after i asked for a payment as arranged !!! and someone giving me attitude especially as there was no attitude from myself doesnt usually end well and the tired and overused idiom of "waving a red rag at a bull" springs immediately to mind.

At this point now i am so disgusted with this individual i dont even care if he doesnt pay me and its totally up to him if he pays me or not and if he does then i do not want to sse him or listen to him ever again as all he has to do is stick the cash through the letterbox and then fuck off.

Now i realise how trivial this is in comparison to others problems here and its all about perspective but nevertheless i have had enough and this is why life spugs for me today.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

When he's asked you to do a job for him as a friend and then treated you like a contractor, it seems you're acting perfectly reasonably.
STRIKE !!!

HdE

Peter - I completely empathise with you.

I've undertaken work for NO PAY for people in the past out of 'friendship', and it has become very clear early on just what an ungrateful little turd my supposed 'friend' actually is.

I even recently had the experience of somebody I was doing a freebie job for reassigning the work to somebody else because they 'generally always guarantee a good result' - AFTER I had almost completed a portion of the work!

Now, as it happens, this took a lot of weight of my shoulders, as I was swamped with stuff at the time. But that's not the point. It was a crappy, unnecessary thing to do. And the added implication of 'I'll ask this guy because you're not as good as him' was a massive slap in the face. I'll never work for that guy again, and that's a FACT.

Some people act in a fashion that demonstrates very clearly that they're NOT your friends. They're just looking out for their own advantage. I reckon it's perfectly natural for you to feel as you do.

Chin up, pal. You're really best off out of a deal like that.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Peter Wolf

Thanks both.

I still cant quite take it in and believe what i was hearing and i am shocked by it as it was just unbelievable and i have been subject to this kind of thing before but this was on a different level as i have never before been treated with such utter disrepect.It was sort of surreal because when he was arguing with me about it as he was contradicting himself as if he was making it up as he went along.He actually complained that i was only there working for half the day today !!! :lol: :o

I do apologise for having my own things to take care of which required my attention this morning  :lol:

Just completely bizzare.

I am glad i packed up and left when i did but that was sort of an involuntary action which must mean that i can be rational in those kinds of situations.

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 13 May, 2011, 08:47:16 PM
When he's asked you to do a job for him as a friend and then treated you like a contractor, it seems you're acting perfectly reasonably.

Too true.  

There is almost nothing worse than doing a supposed mate a work-related favour, and then being treated like some grasping scumbag when it comes time to settle up, no matter how paltry the agreed sum.  I've long since refused to do any paid work for friends (or family), suggesting a meal or a pint instead, but necessarily being a lot less free with my time than I might otherwise - if I can't afford to do it for free, I won't do it. Too many people simply can't see the position they put you in by treating you in that manner, and they are best avoided.  You have my sympathies, Peter.  Drink up.

maryanddavid

QuoteI've long since refused to do any paid work for friends (or family),
Too true, only leads to trouble, Your doing well Pete.

Paddy, my symapthies, The health system over here is insane, when it works, it works fantastic, but more often than not it fails. And as for waiting list, if you have the cash you go to the top of the Queue, Reilly seems like he wants to do something about it, time will tell.

David

SmallBlueThing

Because two weeks ago, when my wife went off abroad, I immediately got tonsilitis. It was horrible and knocked me on my arse- but penicillin got rid of it, fairly quickly. Or so I thought. I finished my course of tablets like a good boy, and enjoyed several days free from throat-and-lymph-node-pain (which was when I put my back out and got a cough!) and then- BANG! Back comes the tonsilitis. Had to make an emergency dash to our new walk-in clinic today (Population: Chavs) and am now on double the dose for double the time. The doctor I saw greeted me with "You look really ill. At death's door in fact. Open up and say ARR. Oh yes, your tonsils are full of pus!". Bring on The Rapture, I say. It can't be worse than this.

SBT

mogzilla

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 21 May, 2011, 03:57:29 PM
Because two weeks ago, when my wife went off abroad, I immediately got tonsilitis. It was horrible and knocked me on my arse- but penicillin got rid of it, fairly quickly. Or so I thought. I finished my course of tablets like a good boy, and enjoyed several days free from throat-and-lymph-node-pain (which was when I put my back out and got a cough!) and then- BANG! Back comes the tonsilitis. Had to make an emergency dash to our new walk-in clinic today (Population: Chavs) and am now on double the dose for double the time. The doctor I saw greeted me with "You look really ill. At death's door in fact. Open up and say ARR. Oh yes, your tonsils are full of pus!". Bring on The Rapture, I say. It can't be worse than this.

SBT

IT'S STARTED ! SOMEBODY SHOOT HIM IN THE HEAD!!! :o

Peter Wolf

No cash has been forthcoming from that pathetic idiot i mentioned earlier.No surprises there but he should think himself lucky that i have already written it off instead of chasing it.

I bet that if i did confront him about it he would spin things round so that i am in the wrong such is the nature of these types which makes them completely predictable.

klute

To be honest after looking at some of the latest spugs mine seem's trivial :( but here goes anyway, ive spent the last 2 days watching "V" (2009) i'd recorded the whole second season on sky+ and got to the end quite looking forward to a third season.

More so due the the inclusion of marc singer only to find that the damn thing has been cancelled :( Is it to much to ask for a couple more seasons.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

CrazyFoxMachine

My hair is a mess. It's been a sweaty day and it now looks like it's been 'drawn' by Clint Langley. LIQUIFY TOOOL!