Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Sub with Scars/Dante arrived today. Somehow, Scars is bashed up, despite the books' cardboard sleeve. Bah.

Arkady

Woah that's early. I only received Rogue and Ampney last week.

IndigoPrime

I got those on 6 April. According to my schedule, today's set for me was one day early, based on the 'resets' that have occurred. Going by my original sub dates, this lot should have arrived in 27 March and 67/68 on 28 Feb. Still, I'm happy they are arriving.

Also: anyone who wants to secure copies of these books may wish to see if they can buy direct. I tried grabbing a Transformers book from Forbidden Planet, and it never showed up. FP got back to me, and said they are distributed (to them at least) by Diamond, and, well, we all know what Diamond's doing (or not). They've no idea if the books will ever arrive, and for that collection there are no direct sales from Hachette right now either. Hachette's public recommendation on Facebook was to ask a local newsagent to order a copy in, but of course they are all closed.

As ever, subscriptions tend to eradicate a big level of uncertainty.

Tomwe

I reactivated my Hachette subs a month back and have had both 2000AD and Transformers now arrive, with the latter only sending one book as I was more up to date than the subscribers. But I think that will be the best way to go if you want to be sure to get the books.

IndigoPrime

I sub to 2000 AD already. With TF, I only really wanted the old Marvel stuff. I missed the G2 book, but had a pre-order on the TF movie one — but FP never got it.

Bad Andy

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 01 May, 2020, 10:07:55 AM
Sub with Scars/Dante arrived today. Somehow, Scars is bashed up, despite the books' cardboard sleeve. Bah.

Same for me on Saturday. Not quite sure how far in front/behind I am. Not unwrapped Book of Scars. Not sure I ever will.

IndigoPrime

I got the original HC of that one, and it's a surprisingly nice book, with a ton of extra art. I'm interested to see what they did with this version. I suspect the Graham Linehan page is no longer in it!

Tomwe

Book Of Scars looking to be the slimmest volume in the collection!

karlos

I just can't shake the feeling Zenith will be included in the extention.

Would love to see Revere get a nice HB treatment - along with Firekind & Leatherjack, too, of course.

IndigoPrime

I just looked at Scars. It's the strips from that run plus the 40th anniversary special story about the Red Branch. The entire back section of the original HC (all the artwork etc.) is omitted.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: karlos on 04 May, 2020, 10:28:26 AM
Would love to see Revere get a nice HB treatment - along with Firekind & Leatherjack, too, of course.

Its been said before, but can't be said enough the more shiny lovingly presented John Smith work we get the better.

Jade Falcon

Phoned Smith's again today, it's open due to having the Post Office in it. Still no joy on the Dante book.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

Jade Falcon: are you cherry picking or getting them all?

Jade Falcon

Getting them all, I wish I was in a position to cherry pick as there are certain ones I wouldn't bother with but saying that I have discovered some stuff I never knew anything about. For instance I had never read Nikolai Dante.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

Might be worth asking them what the current state of play is with a subscription, and starting from issue X.