Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Leviathan is wonderful. I've no idea what you'd pair it with, mind. (The original strip runs to just 55 pages. Even with the two extra episodes, that's still only 65. Perhaps a horror-themed book?)

The Monarch

The rest of stickleback maybe? though that would leave a huge ass cliffhanger

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 May, 2020, 07:47:38 PM
Leviathan is wonderful. I've no idea what you'd pair it with, mind. (The original strip runs to just 55 pages. Even with the two extra episodes, that's still only 65. Perhaps a horror-themed book?)

Necronauts, for starters; maybe A Love Like Blood, or Cradlegrave. From Grace, Stone Island... There's actually quite a few 'orphan' horror series not quite long enough for their own book!
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

A compilation of 2 or 3 horror stories would be great. That or a creator themed volume with some other short self contained Edington tales.

IndigoPrime

For those concerned about missing out, the website is live again, and lists stock from issue 67 through 70. (Nothing for 62–66, for whatever reason.)

https://hachettepartworks.com/2000-ad-the-ultimate-collection?sortOrder=&size=200&loading=true

Bad Andy

Quote from: sintec on 14 May, 2020, 10:30:18 PM
A compilation of 2 or 3 horror stories would be great. That or a creator themed volume with some other short self contained Edington tales.

Brings Silo and Brigand Doom back into play

Colin YNWA

Yeah good to see the shop back and restocked by the look. Volumes that had previously been sold out seem to be back, though some have warnings of limited stock and there is the odd one still sold out.

IndigoPrime

I imagine there's a reasonable chance 62–66 might rock up at some point, once store stock is returned. Hard to tell these days.

Michael Knight

I would love to see Brigand Doom reprinted in its entirety.

Pete Wells

It's a whalloping great ask, but does anyone know where I'd find a Nicolai Dante Vol 6 (No 62 or 77 or sumfink!)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Pete Wells on 20 May, 2020, 06:12:57 PM
It's a whalloping great ask, but does anyone know where I'd find a Nicolai Dante Vol 6 (No 62 or 77 or sumfink!)

If you struggle getting this Pete come back to me in a few days / weeks (hopefully) I had it on order at my nerd shop but when that closed I got the fear and ordered it from Forbidden Planet. So there is a decent chance I have two copies, but I don't know and I don't have access to the second one - assuming I have it - yet.

They have sent a list of stuff they expect to get from Diamond a week or so ago and it wasn't on that list, but I'm not sure how the distribution will work. If you're struggling to get it I'll e-mail them and ask so we know one way or the other.

IndigoPrime

By coincidence, I double-bought that one in error, and so if you need one, Pete, holler and we can sort something. DM me an email and I can send over pics of the book so you can see it.

Pete Wells

Thanks lads, you are super kind! I'll be in touch!

Colin, I'll go with Indigo if that's okay as a) he's already got the book and b) you smell of yeast.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Pete Wells on 21 May, 2020, 09:29:56 AM
Colin, I'll go with Indigo if that's okay as a) he's already got the book and b) you smell of yeast.

Yes of course go with Indigo as I'm only a maybe.

As for the yeast I've tried washing with soap and everything - just won't go away... I've decided to move to a brewery to disguise therefore.

Jade Falcon

Phoned my newsagent today, they've got issue 70 in which if I remember right is either a Alaine book or future shocks, no sign of 69 or 71, however it's something. Been reading a lot of graphic novels lately, my Dragon Age and Mass Effect library editions as well as the Space 1999 ones to name a few.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov