Main Menu

Leopard Of Lime Street to be reprinted

Started by Marbles, 21 September, 2003, 07:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

A new reprint mag called 'Starscape' is apparently starting in Dec 03 and will be kicking off with the classic 'Leopard of Lime Street' from his first appearance in Buster.

Excellent news.

nb Once into the site on the link below , click on the first line of text on the page.

Link: http://www.superherostore.co.uk/" target="_blank">Superherostore

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Marbles

and I just noticed the 2K boarders very own PVS is going to be writing new stuff for the mag !!

Yoda

That's great news. I used to love Leopard Of Lime Street. I read all of them and remember Buster later reprinting the first few in a mini comic that came free with one of the issues of Buster. I'm sure I've still got them somewhere.

CraveNoir

WOW!

You, sir, have made my day.

I still have a mini-comic that was printed over several issues of Buster depicting the first LOLS story. It was the highlight of my week when I was a kid.

I couldn't be any happier.

WOW again!

CraveNoir

Actually that should be LFLS, not LOLS. I try to make one public mistake a day. Keeps me humble.

Now I have to upgrade my opinion of PVS from a general respect for someone who seems to post what I wish I'd said to, oh I dunno, some kind of minor diety.

GRROWRLL!

thinky

in my youth i thought this was based in liverpool because in my mind there was only ever one Lime St (ie the station), but was vaguely disappointed by the lack of resemblence

Q1: was it Mike Western Art?
Q2: was it a Radioactive Leopard?

yttim?
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

CraveNoir

A1: yes, but I've just looked through some Busters I still have and it looks to me that he wasn't the only artist. I know he worked on a strip for another comic at the same time as this one. AFAIK, all the stories were written by Tom Tully.

Q2: yes. A radioactive leopard. It had a disease, and was being treated with radioactive serum. :)

Devons Daddy

2K boarders very own PVS

if this is correct and not a joke which i did not get then EXCELLENT,

baseing the comment on being correct.

WELL DONE PVS, why did you not share this with the board.im sure we would have all been very proud for you. well everyone accept the one person eh.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

petemaskreplica

excellent! I want!

"why did you not share this with the board"

He's probably worried about Cosmic Ray finding out :)

starscape

Thanks for the kind words.  Paul Scott will indeed be writing for STARSCAPE eventually.

We also have Marvel/ DC Thomson writer Jason Quinn and 2000AD script droid Gary Simpson.  But for the first issue, watch out for a wonderful robot wars story Damage Circus - very reminiscent of early 2000AD/ The Crunch/ Starlord plus a cosmic superhero with feet of clay and deep deep mysteries, the Deterrent - plus of course, the return of Billy Farmer aka the Leopard!

Link: STARSCAPE

Bolt-01

Bad link for me there.

Folowed Marbles' link and WELL DOVE PVS. Not sure if he minds me saying this, but we should also congratulate Bart Diaz! Looking forward to this loads. Especially if They get to work together; 'Mr Moon' ring bells for anyone?

Leopard of lime street! Yahoo!

Congratulations on gettng another british mag off the ground; you are bound to get loads of support here.

Rotts

Bart Oliver

Hola Rotts,

Paul and myself are working together on something but it's early days yet.

I'm also looking forward to the re-print of Leopard of Lime Street as I've always wondered who that was in Zenith.

I'd also like to see some of Ron Smith's (King?) Cobra from Hotspur run somewhere at some point too.

Cheers,

B.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Bolt-01

Hola Bart, nice to see someone making the leap. You a PVS worked well together before, so be sur to take your time and get it right.

Seriously boosted by this news.

Rotts

Matt Timson

Billy Farmer!  Used to buy Buster for those two pages alone!

I think Mike White might have done the art chores for a while- but it's just as likely that my mind's playing tricks with me.

Von Scott, you sly old dog- kept that bugger quiet!  Congrats.

Don't think that you can duck out of your Solar Wind duties though...
Pffft...

Marbles

Yeh there is a 2000AD tie-in as "The Leopardman turned up again in Zenith, one of the gathering of heroes assembled to fight the Lliogor. He was killed by Mr Why on Earth 666" (see attached link for more info.)

Link: http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/leoplime.htm" target="_blank">Leopard info page