Main Menu

Morrisson's timew*nk continues

Started by zombemybabynow, 15 June, 2010, 02:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombemybabynow

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

TordelBack

Love Paquette's artwork.  Nice to see him doing something other than mainly-cheesecake (although I'd hate for him to stop entirely).

bluemeanie

Batman is the real guy in the DC Universe (well, you know what I mean). The one who CAN be killed with a bullet. The one who works best as a street level detective.

All this time travelling and coming back from the dead and cosmic stuff does nothing for the character. It works for someone like Superman or Green Lantern, not for Batman. If Morrison REALLY wanted to kill him, and seeing as he did it twice I assume so, then they should have left him dead. You want Bruce Wayne stories, you read "Untold Tales" or whatever.

Richmond Clements

6 minutes... 6 minutes after the use of the word 'cheesecake' and Bluemeanie appears!

What the hell took you so long?

bluemeanie

I found a pic of Karen Gillan I hadnt "used" yet

Richmond Clements

Emperor

Dear sir,

I know nothing of this "t*mewank" you refer to but am intrigued. Could you please send me any pamphlets you have on the topic to the usual address.

Yours sincerely

PS: Anything about cheesecake (especially strawberry) would also be much appreciated.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

Quote from: bluemeanie on 15 June, 2010, 04:02:15 PM
Batman is the real guy in the DC Universe (well, you know what I mean). The one who CAN be killed with a bullet. The one who works best as a street level detective.

All this time travelling and coming back from the dead and cosmic stuff does nothing for the character. It works for someone like Superman or Green Lantern, not for Batman. If Morrison REALLY wanted to kill him, and seeing as he did it twice I assume so, then they should have left him dead. You want Bruce Wayne stories, you read "Untold Tales" or whatever.

On one hand this all seems a bit silly and out of character and on the other I think "Batpirate!!!!!!!!!!" but then again wasn't that what Elseworlds titles were for?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Leatherwing

But on the other hand have you seen Frazer Irving's art for issue #2???

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2010/05/27/return-of-bruce-wayne-2-review/

Although that might be a bit of a flick to the testicle for those waiting on Gutsville.

Ahhhhhhhh who am I kidding? I'll be picking this up as a trade.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Dark Jimbo

Emps, this is all I could find on the 'net - doesn't seem well documented...

Quote from: British Medical Journal 2884.01 on 15 June, 2010, 06:50:41 PM
...On rare occassion, involuntary temporal displacement has been known to occur during the 'vinegar strokes' of masturbation, resulting in the condition, and event, of 'timew*nk' (colloquial). About one in a million of the population suffer this genetic condition, although even then, in 90% of cases the carrier may never actually suffer the ill effects and live a long, healthy life in blissful ignorance of his having the disease. This hereditary condition, passed on mainly through the male line in a manner not unsimilar to male pattern baldness, has so far has proven completely uncurable - although, once again, given the extremely rare occurences of actual 'timew*nk', this should not give undue cause for alarm.
@jamesfeistdraws

Emperor

Thanks for that - looks like everyone will have to stick with the "w*nk seance" (seen enough yet granma??)