Main Menu

Star Wars the Clone wars figures etc

Started by klute, 30 November, 2011, 08:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

Hi all this year i've gone toy mad for my son this christmas ben 10/New Thundercats/lego Star Wars etc.

BUT.......

He has really got into Star Wars so this will be next years theme as such i'm asking for help in directing me to a website? that is reasonably price for buying not only the Clone War fuigures and vehicles BUT also the newly released Original Star Wars figures i've seen I'm not a cheapskate i'd just rather be able to buy him shitloads of the stuff.

loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

vzzbux

Sometimes it is good to pay a visit you the big supermarkets, every now and again the do offers. 2 for one half price etc. TK maxx can throw up a few bargains every now and again it does pay to rummage through the toy shelves as they can be hidden. Amazon and Play can sometimes throw up cheap stuff too.
When the price of the figures was raised to £8 I kind of stopped splurging and now only buy when the offers arise.
Asda did a remote control tank for £30 reduced from £50. Dont know if it is still stocked. Robbie has it in his Santa stocking.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

One of the best sources for CW and Vintage Collection SW stuff on the cheap is the eBay seller Tunghori in the Philippines.  He obviously has some sort of factory connection going, since he sells everything loose (although with all their accessories, and brand-spanking new - you've never seen joints this stiff, or weapons and gunhands freer of dreaded packaging bend). You can bid for clone troop-types in bulk, and international shipping (usually $5) drops to $1 for additional items so you can 'Buy It Now' individual figures you like if you win an auction (usually about $6 a pop).  He also has stuff way ahead of shelf dates, although the good gear goes fast.  I've bought from him in happier times, as has most of the online collecting community, and he's 100% reliable.  Not worth the effort for just one or two things, but if you're looking to get a decent army together on the cheap, and fill in expensive gaps at the movie character end, he's your man.

I'd echo what vzzbux says about supermarkets though - Tesco in particular can have crazy reductions on vehicles, and 2-for-1s on regular figures.

worldshown

I'll second Tunghori. I've only bought off him once. The original package never arrived so he replaced it, no extra charge, within five days.

I've used Star Action Figures many times (http://www.staractionfigures.co.uk/). Wayne has never let me down.

If you've a Smyth's near you, they're currently selling Clone Wars figures for £5.99 and some box sets of 3/4 figures for £14.99.

vzzbux

Well thank you Worldshown. I am now going to have to visit my nearest Smyths.
Curse the pull of Lucas.

V
Drokking since 1972

JOE SOAP

worldshown

Quote from: vzzbux on 01 December, 2011, 09:30:40 PM

See, this is why I don't always post on these topics. Every time I do, I cost vzzbux more money. :D

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 01 December, 2011, 10:16:58 PMHis chin on your balls.

Lies!  The man has no chin!  But he does let me run my fingers through his luxuriant neck beard...

vzzbux

Quote from: worldshown on 02 December, 2011, 10:15:07 AM
Quote from: vzzbux on 01 December, 2011, 09:30:40 PM

See, this is why I don't always post on these topics. Every time I do, I cost vzzbux more money. :D
It's all right we don't have a Smyths in Leicester.

V
Drokking since 1972