Main Menu

THE PROG 534 CLUB

Started by Oddboy, 30 April, 2002, 06:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valhalla

Hi Guys,

I started reading 2000 AD in '93 by coming across some old progs in a second hand bookstore.  I liked what I read and consequently bought about 500 2000Ad/ Megazine/U.S reprint issues over about 6 months. I got addicted!! being an expat Englishman it just felt right.

Then in '98 I had to go back to England for my grandparents wedding and the only way I could afford that was to stop buying (Hey it's bloody expensive buy UK comics in Oz!!)

This year I happened across prog 2002 and thought "Wahey!, What have I been missing!!" I started collecting again and with the wonders of ebay have got a good sized collection. Yesterday another parcel arrived and one prog was 534!!

can I now join the club??

Val

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

petemaskreplica

Hi there, Oddboy/being!

Can I join yourclub, can I, please?
I promise i have 534, but hardly any of the progs 1-100, and my collection starts at 63.

Ta, nice one!

karne

I have every issue of 2000ad, Starlord and Tornado, including all annuals and summer specials...I think my own little club with me as it's only member is much better than yours. Excuse me now, I'm off to read some classic early thrills. :p

2000AD Online

i started reading in the 700's (still having nightmares about killing time shudder) stopped mid way 800s and returned round about prog 1000 but i managed to get 534 as part of a set that i recently bought does this entitle me to the club?

Devons Daddy

i like this thread. its sweet and nice to listen to you all talk about finding the light later in life.
i cant jion as i have progs 1-10 all framed up and on the wall.i also have copies of 1 - 2 -3 framed as well. and a couple of copies of prog 1 in storage.
i feel so sad that i cant be part of this club,
NO I DONT. IM PROUD TO BE BANNED.
looking good though. is this the longest thread in the sites history?
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

Judgejampot - you're member 027
kidsamurai - you're member G028
Devons daddy - yes this is the longest ever thread on the message board

Smiley

Devons Daddy

thankyou for answering the question about whos got the biggest one.
its still 534 i can see.
will be neck and neck from here on in it seems. any news on the football league on this site.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

JayzusB.Christ

Good to see the return to the board of the bestest club in the world.

Jayzus B. 'Where's me spaces' Christ
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tiplodocus

Not sure if I qualify to join (started at Prog 1 but chucked them all out and the Prog 1 I have at the moment was a gift from a mate who said I'd look after it better than him) but I thought I'd add another reply to the thread just so it keeps pace with KARNE's admirable (but not as heartfelt) LET'S SET A RECORD.

Keep up the good work 534 ladies and gentlemen (even if I don't get to join).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Oddboy

Thank y'all for your kindness - the football league is due to start soon with Prog 2003 and Meg 201.
Still time for people to sign up - http://uk.geocities.com/oddboygirl/prog534/league.html" target="_blank">Click here to see the League webpage.
Some people haven't registered all three choices yet - so they're loosing out on potential points already!

Odders.

Devons Daddy

superb work their oddboy.
looking forward to the match begining.
any chance of wake allowing a link to the 534 club on the site somewhere.teh site is worthy of such a link i feel. im sure others would agree.
no harm in asking him.  

I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Wake

ukdane

For links click Links

Is that like for help click Help????

;-)
Cheers

-Daney