Main Menu

A Hello

Started by spuzzwick, 16 January, 2020, 06:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rately

Quote from: sheridan on 17 January, 2020, 08:27:20 AM
Quote from: spuzzwick on 16 January, 2020, 06:51:21 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! And I meant to say "dramatic" in that OP lol. And it didn't literally save my life but I guess, rather, my sanity.

So far I've read the first Dredd omnibus book, all of Ro-Busters, All of ABC Warriors up til Black Hole, All of Nemesis, First collected Slaine book.

So mostly Pat Mills. Also read Marshal Law and am currently reading League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (possibly my fav comic ever) though I know those are both more 2000 AD-adjacent than actually 2000AD.

And how do I change my avatar and/or edit my profile in any way? Haha

Great selection - you're pretty entrenched in the Millsverse then!  It won't be easy to find, but another Mills and O'Neill creation is Metalzoic - ran in 2000AD in black and white around the 400s and was published as a colour graphic novel in the USA by DC Comics.

Somehow only became aware of Metalzoic the other day. Looks fabulous. The art by Kev O'Neill!!! Wow.

Was disappointed to find it wasn't on Comixology, so assuming ownership shenanigans!

sheridan

Quote from: Rately on 17 January, 2020, 10:49:34 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! And I meant to say "dramatic" in that OP lol. And it didn't literally save my life but I guess, rather, my sanity.

So far I've read the first Dredd omnibus book, all of Ro-Busters, All of ABC Warriors up til Black Hole, All of Nemesis, First collected Slaine book.

So mostly Pat Mills. Also read Marshal Law and am currently reading League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (possibly my fav comic ever) though I know those are both more 2000 AD-adjacent than actually 2000AD.

Great selection - you're pretty entrenched in the Millsverse then!  It won't be easy to find, but another Mills and O'Neill creation is Metalzoic - ran in 2000AD in black and white around the 400s and was published as a colour graphic novel in the USA by DC Comics.

Somehow only became aware of Metalzoic the other day. Looks fabulous. The art by Kev O'Neill!!! Wow.

Was disappointed to find it wasn't on Comixology, so assuming ownership shenanigans!

Yeah - Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill would be all for a reprint, but DC Comics have put a block on it.

Rately

Quote from: sheridan on 17 January, 2020, 12:36:00 PM
Quote from: Rately on 17 January, 2020, 10:49:34 AM

Yeah - Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill would be all for a reprint, but DC Comics have put a block on it.

What a shame.

The art of the Mecha Animals, especially the bit I seen, with the Mecha Shark attacking the Mecha Mammoths looked superb.

spuzzwick

Hehe already own it! It's story is a bit all over the place but the art is some of O'Neill's best. Some truly amazing visuals and robot/animal hybrid designs.

Rately

Quote from: spuzzwick on 17 January, 2020, 08:35:10 PM
Hehe already own it! It's story is a bit all over the place but the art is some of O'Neill's best. Some truly amazing visuals and robot/animal hybrid designs.

Ha! Lucky frigger!

I think it's off to EBay I go!

spuzzwick

Did you end up getting a copy?

Rately

Quote from: spuzzwick on 03 February, 2020, 11:59:18 AM
Did you end up getting a copy?

It is on my watch-list, and have started a little savings account to cope with the expected gouging!