Main Menu

Prog 2220 Regened: Earth-Shattering

Started by Tjm86, 20 February, 2021, 04:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JimmyNailz

Quote from: norton canes on 25 February, 2021, 12:44:02 PM
Now I have asked this a couple of times before, but no-one has committed to an answer. So I'm going to have to press you all here: is it 'Regened' to rhyme with 'gleaned' (as in have new genes) or 'Regened' to rhyme with 'lend' (as in 'made for a new generation')?

I'm #TeamJeaned

JimmyNailz

...but having just checked it in a rhyming dictionary it seems it might well be "as rhymes with pretend"

Well I never! Next you'll be telling me Slain doesn't rhyme with "pain"!

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Woolly

Team #jeans all the way!

I'm a big fan of the ReJeaned* progs, and wouldn't mind if they were to have runs of more than one issue at a time, to allow certain thrills to build and hopefully start to maintain a bigger fan-base.

And, as an added bonus, this would also cause the Negaverse to implode  :thumbsup:

*arf!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JimmyNailz on 25 February, 2021, 05:24:40 PM
Well I never! Next you'll be telling me Slain doesn't rhyme with "pain"!

Can —> open. Worms —> everywhere!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

It's obviously gened like genie. Never occurred to me it could be anything else.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Quote from: I, Cosh on 25 February, 2021, 07:37:39 PM
It's obviously gened like genie. Never occurred to me it could be anything else.

Agreened.

Richard

It's derived from gene and genes, so why would it change?

Barrington Boots

Seriously I'm the only one who reads it that way ? Its surely a spin on regen, which is a term I see used in gaming a lot.

You're all wrong, you lot.

You're a dark horse, Boots.

sintec

It's been said plenty upthread but Mayflies really is the stand out of the 3 new strips here. Great set up and I really hope we get a series of this so it has a chance to develop on this very solid opening. Neither of the other 2 new setups really grabbed me. Action Pact lived up to it the name with plenty of action but I didn't really care about any of the characters and it wasn't always clear what was going on at times. Can't quite put my finger on what didn't work about Viva Forever for me but it didn't leave me wanting more which isn't a good sign for a first episode.

Cadet Dredd was a good yarn. Dredd doesn't feel like Dredd in this though - he comes across as a slightly generic super-kid character. The Future Shock was fun but fairly forgettable.

I've made this sound a lot worse than it was...  I quite enjoyed it really and the art was great throughout (bar the confusing storytelling in Action Pact). Looking forward to getting back to the regular roster next week though - I like my prog with a bit more grit than Joko delivers.

Bolt-01

Dear TMO,

Can you please ask young Joko-Jargo what the correct intended pronunciation of 'Regened' is?

Yours sincerely - old people who think 'far' too much about this sort of thing.

norton canes

Assuming Molch-R has been briefed on the correct pronunciation, the latest Regened podcast has the answer...

Barrington Boots

Aargh! I'm wrong then and EVERYONE ELSE was right.
<FF7-Barrett-style-armwave>
You're a dark horse, Boots.

scrotnig

It could only ever have been re-jeaned.

I mean, the term was used in Rogue Trooper way back and there was no ambiguity there, due to the context.

Enjoyed this issue. As seems almost universal, Mayflies was the stand out for me. I want to see more. Soon.

I enjoyed Viva Forever but am unsure if it could sustain a series. Also it'd have been nice to have seen more of the Meg given that it's set there.

As always, I am a big fan of the idea behind these progs and I thoroughly enjoy the brief change of style for a week, indeed I look forward to them, even though they aren't directly aimed at me. They are also beautifully put together and a joy to behold!