Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Bloody hell Hawk. That's terrible news. All the best to you and her loved ones.

Frank

Sorry to hear that, hawkmonger.

Steve Green

That's awful, my condolences Hawkmonger.

TordelBack

Horrible news Hawkmonger, my sincerest sympathies.

judda fett

Sorry hawkmonger, condolences.

JayzusB.Christ

Aw, Christ, that really is terrible news - an awful way to go.  My condolences too, Hawkmonger.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Link Prime

Terrible and tragic. Condolences Hawkmonger.

Professor Bear

That is terrible, HM.  Sorry for your loss.

A.Cow

Sorry for your loss.   Condolences.

JOE SOAP

Frank

Cyber-Matt

Can't see any mention of it on this thread, but Tise Vahimagi - scriptwriter on 2000 AD series Dry Run, which was published back in 1990 - died last month.

Dez Skinn reminisces about him here:
http://www.starburstmagazine.com/tv-news/4347-rip-taisto-tise-vahimagi

rogue69

Bill Moody aka wrestling manager Paul Bearer aged 58

Grant Goggans

Interesting.  I thought that Vahimagi might have been acquainted with John Brosnan.  Alan McKenzie seems to have brought both of them onto 2000 AD during that period when Milligan and Morrison were in the process of moving out, and he knew that he needed some reliable talent who could hit deadlines and write longer stories.  Vahimagi also wrote some very good film and TV books commissioned by the BFI.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Cyber-Matt on 06 March, 2013, 01:46:20 PM
Can't see any mention of it on this thread, but Tise Vahimagi - scriptwriter on 2000 AD series Dry Run, which was published back in 1990 - died last month.

Dez Skinn reminisces about him here:
http://www.starburstmagazine.com/tv-news/4347-rip-taisto-tise-vahimagi

Sorry to hear that.  Never read anything else he did apart from Dry Run, but I enjoyed that one.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"