Started by Trent, 12 November, 2016, 10:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

user2000

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 12 November, 2016, 11:55:21 PM
Quote from: user2000 on 12 November, 2016, 09:28:38 PM
IT'S A MIRACLE!

Both Prog and Meg turned up today.

I know Damage Report is supposed to verge on/be a pisstake but one can hope that something actually has been done regarding the super late Progs these past few months...

No Prog for the THIRD week on the trot for me :(

This will probably be only the third time the Prog has arrived for me on a Saturday in the last three months (maybe more).

I'm not sure you'll appreciate the tongue in cheekness of this weeks Damage Report then...

Trent

Trouble with messages etc is things can be taken literally. I have no problem with whatever people post on threads, I just love the conversation.

Geoff

Just read the damage report - v funny.

Cover's unusual and I like it, Tom Foster's a real talent.

Haven't really been a fan of Jake Lynch's art in the past but it's developing.  He's got his own style, but can't help thinking that the Dredd on the 5th page looks like a cross between McM and Flint, which is no bad thing.  Love the hair on the food scientist, good to see some Mega City wackiness seeping back in.

Hunted and Savage roll along at an enjoyable pace, with the cowboys and dinosaurs doing whatever they're doing in that dimly-lit computer generated nonsense.

In the first episode I feared it might be taking itself too seriously but Counterfeit Girl is really enjoyable, an original, fast paced, riot of colour.

Oh yes, I forgot to say.. my prog has arrived..     

scrotnig

I got a Meg but no Prog - never had that happen before. Seems a bit weird.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: scrotnig on 13 November, 2016, 12:59:18 PM

Same here!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

TordelBack

Ouch, what a missed opportunity Flesh was. Langley's oppressive gloom perfectly suits this week's post-impact scenes, really spectacular stuff. Except that it's been this dark and miserable from the first episode. A transition from the bright world of the late Cretaceous to the sunless hell of Chicxulub would have made this strip something special. As it is, I barely care.

Top strip honours this week split between Hunted, every bit as good as it has been throughout, and a hugely improved Counterfeit Girl, which delivers the predictable twist (Stage 1) with aplomb, and makes some sense out of the events this far.

Dredd was fun, with great Lynch art.

Savage runs the gamut from Revelations to Internal Affairs to Transformers and Terminator in 6 pages. Don't ever change, Pat.

Jacqusie

Quote from: user2000 on 12 November, 2016, 09:28:38 PM

I know Damage Report is supposed to verge on/be a pisstake but one can hope that something actually has been done regarding the super late Progs these past few months...

It's all veering rather towards the Gerald Ratner school of business... You fools, paying good money and expecting (in some cases 2 weeks) something in return, what idiots you all are!

I feel so stupid now

:thumbsdown:

A.Cow

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 13 November, 2016, 02:37:30 PM
Quote from: scrotnig on 13 November, 2016, 12:59:18 PM
Same here!!!

If you live in Southport that could be me.  I got two progs with my meg.

The plastic envelopes had stuck together so, when I realised the postie's mistake, I despatched my trustworthy teenager to deliver the bonus prog to the correct address.

Frank

NapalmKev

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 November, 2016, 10:51:31 AM
Ouch, what a missed opportunity Flesh was. Langley's oppressive gloom perfectly suits this week's post-impact scenes, really spectacular stuff. Except that it's been this dark and miserable from the first episode. A transition from the bright world of the late Cretaceous to the sunless hell of Chicxulub would have made this strip something special.

Indeed! I also think the meteor impact could've done with a two page spread showing devastation ripping across the landscape! For such an important detail of the story I felt it was a bit of a missed opportunity.

Dredd was ok, I quite liked the old guy that didn't take any of Joe's square-jawed grimness.

Rogue Trooper - I'm enjoying this. A welcome bit of invigoration to a character that I thought had had his day years ago.

Counterfit Girl is still going. It's got better as the weeks go by but it's not something I would rush to re-read.

Savage - lovely art but the story seems a bit of a pale shadow compared to the previous run.

Cheers

*Yeah, two "had(s)" in the same sentence. Bear that, Drokkers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Trent

I guess everyone knows the;
James, while John had had 'had', had had 'had had'; 'had had' had had a better effect on the teacher.

Hawkmumbler

The progs in really, really fine form right now with only Flesh dragging it's heals like a crying infant refusing to progress the plot in any way.

Spikes

Quote from: Geoff on 13 November, 2016, 12:17:44 PM
Haven't really been a fan of Jake Lynch's art in the past but it's developing.  He's got his own style, but can't help thinking that the Dredd on the 5th page looks like a cross between McM and Flint, which is no bad thing.  Love the hair on the food scientist, good to see some Mega City wackiness seeping back in.

Really, really liking the Lynch droids art. The more I see of it, the more I'm digging it.
And this latest from him is aces. Yes, the Dredd does have elements of the McMahon about it, which - as you say - is no bad thing. But will be even better to see his own stamp put firmly on it.

(And for art collectors, it's bad news I'm afraid; He's fully digital. Maybe a commission will have to suffice....)

Magnetica

Quote from: NapalmKev on 19 November, 2016, 07:51:04 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 16 November, 2016, 10:51:31 AM
Ouch, what a missed opportunity Flesh was. Langley's oppressive gloom perfectly suits this week's post-impact scenes, really spectacular stuff. Except that it's been this dark and miserable from the first episode. A transition from the bright world of the late Cretaceous to the sunless hell of Chicxulub would have made this strip something special.

Indeed! I also think the meteor impact could've done with a two page spread showing devastation ripping across the landscape! For such an important detail of the story I felt it was a bit of a missed opportunity.

I viewed it differently - I thought the way the next three panels were just blacked out was beautifully atmospheric and a great way to show what happened.