Main Menu

*** Prog 2000 ***

Started by Dash Decent, 08 September, 2016, 03:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Dimensions and Time Travel are inextricably linked in Dredd/Stront - see the Batman Dredd cross overs, where Deaths dimension jumps take him "back" in time. No one assumes that Gotham is part of Dredd's past?  See also the Staples Death story where Death and Dredd travel back to deathworld, but ends up back in Deadworld's past

When you travel in time you are implicitly also travelling in dimensions, so I think it can work however you want it to work - the Batman model could apply to Alpha, or Alpha's past could be "the same as" Dredds, though the very fact of travelling back to it spins Dredds world as we see it off onto a different path.

As for remembering the Sabbat events in Stronts future, the Ragnorak Job gives us the closest explanation for that - when you go back in time you only rewrite history from the point you traavel back - when MAx Bubba starts throwing people into volcanoes - they dont get wiped out of time from birth - they just start popping out of existence as time gets rewritten. 

inkymonkey

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 24 September, 2016, 10:59:45 AM
So, mine just arrived. Not read it yet, as this is to be savoured, but the artwork thoughout is stunning. ( I must say, though, even with all these legends present....Mark Sexton. You sir, are amazing!)  :D

Cheers Darren! It was an absolute blast doing the story, and quite frankly I still can't believe I was asked to do something for Prog 2000. All hail the Mighty One!

artdroid Roach

Quote from: James Stacey on 25 September, 2016, 09:23:11 AM
Well that was huge fun. Dredd / Alpha felt a bit rushed (Dredd heading off to the future without calling it in was remiss of him) but that's the nature of a one and done story and it was so much fun it's churlish to complain. No problem with the Cal clones. They could have been found in tanks or some mad professor finds the DNA in alphas time or anything. Really enjoyed Nemesis and my first thought was it leaves Nemesis free to have a new series (by Flint) too. In a prog with Bolland, McMahon and Gibbons its Dave Roach's art that stands out. Stunning
Thank you so much James- It's incredibly kind of you-  I've been dreaming of a comment like this for 30 years! Maybe I need to get out more....

dweezil2

Quote from: artdroid Roach on 25 September, 2016, 02:10:41 PM
Well that was huge fun. Dredd / Alpha felt a bit rushed (Dredd heading off to the future without calling it in was remiss of him) but that's the nature of a one and done story and it was so much fun it's churlish to complain. No problem with the Cal clones. They could have been found in tanks or some mad professor finds the DNA in alphas time or anything. Really enjoyed Nemesis and my first thought was it leaves Nemesis free to have a new series (by Flint) too. In a prog with Bolland, McMahon and Gibbons its Dave Roach's art that stands out. Stunning
Thank you so much James- It's incredibly kind of you-  I've been dreaming of a comment like this for 30 years! Maybe I need to get out more....

It's not fair!
I've got to wait until Wednesday to experience it!

Always loved your Anderson David, so can't wait to read it!
Anymore tales for Tharg lined up?  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

artdroid Roach

Quote from: dweezil2 on 25 September, 2016, 02:14:23 PM

It's not fair!

There's nothing imminent I'm sorry to say. This one came out of the blue- but I've said I'm more than happy to do more. Dr Who does tend to take up most of my time, but drawing the inhabitants of Mega City 1 is just so much fun, I'd never turn down the chance.
Quote from: dweezil2 on 25 September, 2016, 02:14:23 PM

It's not fair!

Richard

QuoteMaybe I need to get out more...
But then you'd draw less. Maybe you should stop going out altogether.

dweezil2

Cheers for the response David!

Hopefully it won't be too long 'till Tharg come a calling!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Mattofthespurs

Agree with comments on here. The opening page and the Anderson story was beautifully drawn. The whole prog was to be honest, spoilt for choice.
A massive congratulations to all those involved. It was stunning from cover to cover.

Spaceghost

Just to add to add to all the love in the room, it was a great read.

Perfect mix of misty eyed nostalgia for the golden age and a well deserved celebration of the current platinum(?) age.

I feel very lucky to be part of this cool club and can't wait to see what the next 2000 progs bring us.

Florix grabundae!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Pete Wells

The making of Cliff's cover is up, see it here: http://2000adonline.com/post/829! Two more to go...

Buttonman

A great issue - somewhat reminiscent of 'Tharg's Head Revisited' in Prog 500 with lots of the greatest artists coming back for a small tribute. A real treat with the only minor grumble being the lack of any reader input - but there again you kneeew I was gonna say that!

morpheas

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 24 September, 2016, 11:20:03 PM
'Takes up position in bed, facing calendar, preparing the hibernate until Wednesday'

:(

53 hours left.
gah.

artdroid Roach

Quote from: Richard on 25 September, 2016, 03:08:35 PM
QuoteMaybe I need to get out more...
But then you'd draw less. Maybe you should stop going out altogether.
Indeed so- why hadn't I thought of that before?

artdroid Roach

Quote from: dweezil2 on 25 September, 2016, 03:28:00 PM
Cheers for the response David!

Hopefully it won't be too long 'till Tharg come a calling!  :)
Yes- I really loved doing the strip and I'm  more than happy to do more believe me.

Beaker

Absolutely brilliant from cover to cover. 10/10

........and THAT is how you draw Anderson!
"I've got 'em.....I just ain't scratching!'