Main Menu

*** Prog 2000 ***

Started by Dash Decent, 08 September, 2016, 03:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

QuoteJohn said that it wasn't
...but then he wrote two stories where Dredd met Alpha.

Pat Mills has explicitly linked Dredd and Nemesis a number of times. There are no inconsistencies there that I can see, since Nemesis is thousands of years in the future.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: James Stacey on 26 September, 2016, 12:57:42 PMI did wonder that but it doesnt make much sense as 'then' Nemesis without all sorts of paradox.
Paradoxes are pretty much a mainstay of Nemesis, no?

James Stacey

Totally are but if its 'then Nemesis' not 'recovered Nemesis', seeing as Torque doesn't have a chance to do anything to effect causality from the point he regains his body, 'then Nemesis' would have done that previously and the whole thing unravels into a mess. I realise this too isn't a problem for Pat, but still :)

Steve Green

Quote from: Richard on 26 September, 2016, 01:31:37 PM
QuoteJohn said that it wasn't
...but then he wrote two stories where Dredd met Alpha.

Pat Mills has explicitly linked Dredd and Nemesis a number of times. There are no inconsistencies there that I can see, since Nemesis is thousands of years in the future.

John said that after Top Dog - I'm only guessing but I would have thought he just treats these as a bit of a fun, and not worry about having to connect the two unless he feels it might make a good story.

The bonus of doing it in prog 2000 is it allows two of the main characters of the past 40 years be drawn by their creator, without having two separate stories.

Frank

Quote from: Steve Green on 26 September, 2016, 11:27:11 AM
Aaah, I remember when it was all fanwank as far as the eye could see.

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=21694.0;nowap

Until five minutes ago, all I knew of Robin Low was his name check at the front of Origins. Having read a few of his posts, the aspects of Origins I hated make much more sense.

Richard

I enjoyed Origins, but a lot of it consisted of trying to make published Dredd stories fit in with a non-canonical timeline a fan sent to Tharg in about 1984 which somehow got published in an annual under the heading "An Unofficial Judge Dredd Timeline." Which was unnecessary. But it was still alright so I let it go.*

(* Apart from the fact that Rico Dredd's badge had his first name instead of his surname, which made no sense. I still can't quite get over that.)

blixab

I see that there's a good demand for this issue. Just been informed that fewer copies of the Fabry variant are being shipped so my order has been cancelled - what nice people FP are. I had two on order, one for me and one to send to a friend in the States. They said they had reduced numbers so it was limited to one. Rather than reduce my order to one they just cancelled them both - tossers!!

Anyone know where there will be any - the comic shops where the signings are being held on the 1st by any chance?

Steve Green

I'm sorry I don't - might be worth trying the non-signing shops as well - Raygun comics in Richmond are having an event, but not a signing for example.

Proudhuff

Stylist new heated comic rack in the cludgie at Huff Mansions works a treat! Nestor will no longer have to be on hand to hold the comic while I Brexit.

Prog a total cracker each page a wee gem, even Sindex and a high nipple count in Anderson couldn't bring me down!
DDT did a job on me

Frank

Quote from: Richard on 26 September, 2016, 02:21:46 PM
I enjoyed Origins, but a lot of it consisted of trying to make published Dredd stories fit (into a) timeline

That's my problem with it. Trying to fit an eight inch shite into a six inch pipe, as my former boss would say.

I like parts of Origins a lot; it would have made a fantastic Blood Cadets mini-series in the Megazine, focusing on Rico and Joe's progress through the Academy, interspersed with flashbacks to Jaxville and the birth of Instant Justice.

I could have lived happily without zombie Fargo giving it some Phase III Maximan, but Randy and the clan were a lot of fun, and there's that genius final scene.

Will Cooling

Quote from: Richard on 26 September, 2016, 02:21:46 PM
I enjoyed Origins, but a lot of it consisted of trying to make published Dredd stories fit in with a non-canonical timeline a fan sent to Tharg in about 1984 which somehow got published in an annual under the heading "An Unofficial Judge Dredd Timeline." Which was unnecessary. But it was still alright so I let it go.*

(* Apart from the fact that Rico Dredd's badge had his first name instead of his surname, which made no sense. I still can't quite get over that.)

See I always thought that made perfect sense - an expression of Rico's individualism and refusal to conform.
Formerly WIll@The Nexus

Dandontdare

All this talk about shared continuity ... was nobody listening to the Mighty One? Doors in the nerve centre? Pocket universes? It just takes a cleaning droid to leave something open and you can easily get judges in Termight via the photocopier, or Stronts in Mega City One via the Ladies loos.

Absolutely first class prog, especially all the linky bits; top class.

Quote from: Leigh S on 24 September, 2016, 03:39:29 PM
Anyone else's poster back to front? :)  I was going to buy the other covers anyway, Tharg!
I wondered if this was so that you could attend signings and have lost of lovely white space for signatures & sketches?

Quote from: Magnetica on 24 September, 2016, 04:00:53 PM
Quick question- is the centre pull out poster by Cliff Robinson in all variants, or does the Chris Burnham and Glenn Fabry covers feature posters by them instead?
I got the Burnham cover and the Fabry poster

Dandontdare

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 September, 2016, 09:49:09 PM
I got the Burnham cover and the Fabry poster

I'm talking shite - the psoter was by Robinson - I just saw montage rather than space-spinner and assumed it was the other variant

scrotnig

Since artdroid Roach is in the thread I must just quickly pass yet another comment on the sheer awesomeness of his Anderson strip. That bowled me over. It's kind of old school and modern at the same time but it totally captures the character. Definitely need more of this....

artdroid Roach

Quote from: scrotnig on 26 September, 2016, 11:14:26 PM
Since artdroid Roach is in the thread I must just quickly pass yet another comment on the sheer awesomeness of his Anderson strip. That bowled me over. It's kind of old school and modern at the same time but it totally captures the character. Definitely need more of this....
Thank you- well I guess I am officially old school- but hopefully a bit better at drawing after all this time. I definitely appreciate phrases like " Total awesomeness", for future reference.....