Main Menu

Everything Comes Back to 2000ad – Episode 9 !!!!

Started by bluemeanie, 26 August, 2009, 02:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

I was gonna do a proper blurb thing, but its only you guys, right?

Had to put off recording a few weeks as Flints been having work done to his house. In the end we recorded anyway even though you can still hear a bit of construction in the background.
Thats right... he's sat on his arse talking comics while mexican labourers do all the hard work!

Missed off the old prog so we could do 4 new ones and catch up.

Hope ya like it

Web link
http://geeksyndicate.wordpress.com/2009/08/26/everything-comes-back-to-2000-ad-%E2%80%93-episode-9/

Direct link to mp3
http://media.libsyn.com/media/geeksyndicate/ECBT2000ADep9.mp3

flintlockjaw

Mexican labourers doing work singing Dean Martins 'Volare' with a cat meowwing it's ass off in the background!

really glad it turned out better then expected.

Pete Wells

Ooooh, exciting! I do enjoy the old prog review but I'm always kinda more excited to hear what you guys think of the newer stuff.

The Legendary Shark

Another good 'un, guys. Thanks.

Thanks also for plugging the Chat Night. (Which is tonight, by the way...)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

LGDROID

Aaaawww...you guys.....if i have to, I'll send you the photo of me in a mankini if it'll settle this whole effing debate...

A really great, fun episode--I was laughing out loud at the "Press Gang" stuff, and I can say without a doubt that my mates are gonna piss themselves when they hear what you say about me.

Just so, you know, I've joined a gym now, so expect a bitchslap from a guy looking like a buff Keanu Reeves or a buff Gok Wan when I finally meet you both, THEN I'm gonna steal your women...

Seriously, I really do appreciate you both raving about Defoe, especially up to the end. I'm gutted I'll have to wait nearly a year for your silly arse accents try to pronounce some of the names coming up. At least you didn't call her "Minge Tickle"...

But you guys ROCK.

Miss Handsome Leigh Gallagher

Mike Gloady

Confession time.

I PMed Blue/Richard the other day.  I was so eager for the new podcast.  Hope I can hear the Mexican fellas singing "Volare" or I'll want to know why not.

Thanks guys, this'll take the edge off waiting my life away in hospital waiting rooms.....  "YAWN*
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Al_Ewing

I didn't notice all that stuff Karl did with the faces myself until you pointed it out! All credit to him for that one, an ace bit of detail.

On the short fight/long fight debate, I'll add a wee bit of fuel to the fire - one of the reasons I made it a quick KO was because if it'd been a fair fight, Officer Joe would've won...
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

nomohican

Great! Was wondering when the next episode was coming out. This should keep me entertained on the commute tomorrow (and help me scare my fellow travellers through laughing out loud). :D
Well, maybe that fish has a wife and family too. Did anyone think of that?
I mean, I don't think I've got the right to kill someone's daddy, do I? Even if it is a fish.

Zombo

bluemeanie

Quote from: Al_Ewing on 26 August, 2009, 07:15:43 PM
On the short fight/long fight debate, I'll add a wee bit of fuel to the fire - one of the reasons I made it a quick KO was because if it'd been a fair fight, Officer Joe would've won...

Seriously man, I would SO love to read "Joe Dredd - The Care Files vol 1"
A six parter where he gets out and cleans up Mega City One his way

Dandontdare

Flintlockjaw's Alzheimer Moments No: 34 :
   RAY HARRYHAUSEN'S
   STAINLESS STEEL RAT:

bluemeanie

its not his fault - he's Irish
where do you think all those jokes came from?   ;D

TordelBack

I wonder if Officer Joe's docile world is a result of Officer Morton's successful genetic engineering of the citizenry?

Mike Gloady

I wouldn't presume to correct Blue & Flint (sounds like an American 80s cop show, like Jake and the Fat Man) but sod it, I'm gonna.

In your little chat about "Rehab" I believe you suggested that Dredd (our Dredd, not Judge Joe) should've arrested the chief Judge of Omega City Thingy.  He did.  That's who he was talking to when he said something about "putting you away" - I believe the Chief had blondey hair?  When Judge Joe gives his explaination about why coming quietly with Dredd is the right thing to do, he's saying it to the Chief and his aides.  We see the whole lot of them on the next page sharing a cube & singing, Judge Joe in a wheelchair and inexplicably (but wonderfully) still wearing his helmet.  I could be wrong of course as this is all from my poor meaty brain. 

Hopefully that tiny surge of geek smugness won't offend and might help you feel the ending was a little better rounded.  If Al Ewing doesn't get a trade devoted to his writing for Dredd (like Flint, Ezquerra and Kennedy got for their art) there is no justice in the world.

Hugs.

Oh, cracking podcast as ever boys.  Thank you.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Gavin_Leahy_Block

flintlockjaw

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 August, 2009, 10:08:28 PM
Flintlockjaw's Alzheimer Moments No: 34 :
   RAY HARRYHAUSEN'S
  STAINLESS STEEL RAT:

Rich left out the bit about the paint fumes going to me head. You are correct sir! I'm sure it won't be the last f**k up!

Also, wouldn't "Stainless Steel Rat" be all the better with stop motion Skeleton Warriors or at least an appearance by The Kraken?