Main Menu

Zero to Hero

Started by Mangamax, 28 March, 2004, 01:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

Might be worth a go:

Two contestents have to design a superhero, make a costume out of junk, then is tested as to how good he'd be.

Sort of Scrapheap Challenge. But with Fanboys.

On Channel 4 this afternoon.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Quirkafleeg

God this is amazing!!!

Is that Matt Smith moonlighting as the presenter? (with fake tan and American accent)

CraveNoir

Slaine was mentioned as a favourite of one of the contestants, but the program is essentially Science Shack, where a team are given a problem like making a human jump high, or traverse a ceiling. In this show they're wall-crawling using a vacumn cleaner, just as was done on Science Shack.

petemaskreplica

The presenter makes Alan Partridge look like Jeremy Paxman. I want to kill him.

paulvonscott

Yeah, I thought it was just Scrapheap Challenge with superheroes.  I think the odd program like this is okay, I used to like watching the great egg race (back when I was young enough to watch anything), but I can't be bothered with this stuff anymore.

Quirkafleeg

Bloody Hell... Episode 2

Not that I had even remembered it was on but channel surfed into it...

Well words fail me...

Both 'powers' failed to work in the final and had to fiddle it to alow a contestant to 'win'. And there was the most sexual innuendo in a commentry I've heard since the days of Gamesmaster... I particularly liked 'slipping his pump in' and 'girl on girl action'

Capt.Zeep

Is "Comic book artist Staz", who designed the "look" of the two contestants (only to have it spectacularly badly executed by the wardrobe dept.), the same Staz who sometimes does stuff for the prog?

Darren Stephens

One n the same........shame on him. ;-P
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

gem

what a pile of arse that show is.  particularly bad because they tried to kill me!
after Bristol last year me & a certain AD artist who I live with and my friend Matt got picked to film the pilot of that show.
the whole thing was disasteriffic.  in fact the number of things that went wrong would take up this entire board, but highlights included being shown how to make 'bombs' and watching Matt set one off over the film crew,I kept a straight face while telling the Presenter that my Superhero name was 'Bukake',me getting heat exhaustion after being wrapped in tin foil on the hottest day of the year and Boo telling the Producer to fuck off.

of and our competition were 18 year old Mormons from America.

but Staz was cool.

however due to language used by our team (Matt' I wished I never saved that fucking baby') and the fact that they nearly killed me, we were never asked to return.  Shame really!  we made it funny at least.