Main Menu

Loose ends

Started by 2000AD Online, 11 December, 2002, 07:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Im in the middle of a rereading frenzy - starting with the digital archives, then on from prog 900 to the present and I`ve been noticing loose ends in Dredd`s stories.  For example:
- Judge Ekhart, who was turned into a monster and decaptitated by Dredd. His head was last seen murmuring `alive` in a to be continued kind of way
- Judge Death is wandering the Cursed Earth
- there is a vampire in the Undercity, terrorising the troggies
 I don`t expect 2000 AD to clear them all up and I don`t expect anyone to have a complete list, but I`m interested.  Has anyone else noticed any conspicuous loose ends?  What`s the most interesting one?

cheers,

yours freezing in Japan

Floyd

HiEx

The guy with the crystal skull, who kicked shite out of Dredd a while ago in the Meg.

HiEx

Devons Daddy

i think this should be said here.
to all the creators who have contributed to 2000ad and the megazine this year

THANKS FOR THE CONSISTENTLY BEST YEAR WE HAVE HAD SINCE THE EARLY NINETIES.

we are back on top and its great.
proud to say i looked forward to every single issue.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

the chief judges man. still in that penal colony.
the mega city two site being taken over by hondo citi.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

McNulty

The Terror from the East, that was foretold. That was still in Judge McGruder's time. Was that ever sorted out?

Devons Daddy

Terror from the East
hondo cit in the mega city 2 site maybe?
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

paulvonscott

There was that other Alan Grant one with the man who flew off at the end.  The crystal skull one was probably memorable enough, but can't remember the other one (some thought should have been put in to scheduling of follow ups)

Queen Firey-Bou

hey Floyd, its freezing in cal-hab toooo

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

WoD

Which crystal skull guy was this then?  I don't remember this, what was the general story?

Also for loose ends, I think there was a story back in the days of the annuals, set in a Cursed Earth research lab.  There was two mutants, one woman who could move her hair in an extra appendage style way, and one guy with glowing eyes and a lot of psychic (?) type power.  Last thing I remember was her biting the bullet and him floating off into the distance looking all menacing like.  Anyone else remember this (or how it actually went?

M.

Smiley

Crystal skull guy (possibly) in "First Blood" 1277.

The other thing was "Fog Devils Of The Cursed Earth" IIRC in the 82 and/83 Dredd annuals(?). That one where the baddie's name is Essenby, and he's really an android called SNB.

Tu-plang

There's First Blood from 1277 (crystal skull guy) which featured a character that ended up kicking Dredd's arse and running away.  Then the next prog was Unnatural Selection with another guy who seemed to be after Dredd.  I heard a rumour that the Crystal Skull guy leads into a forthcoming Dredd epic by Alan Grant but that could be bollocks.

John Caliber

'Terror from the East - hondo cit in the mega city 2 site maybe?'

Nope - it was supposed to be Sino-Cit, but the planned epic was scrapped. I'm working this plotline into the Judge Dredd RPG - elements have appeared in the core rulebook.

We also have the Stani-States (Afgani-, Kurdi-, etc), which are a hotspot of trouble, following the JD strip's vague trend towards drawing parallels to real life topics, just as the Apoc War drew on the Cold War, taking it to the Nth degree.

- JC

Link: http://2kadpbem.20m.com" target="_blank">The DICE ORGY

Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

John Caliber

FAO Floyd,

Floyd, are you reasonably fluent in Japanese? I ask because I may be writing a Hondo City sourcebook for the JDRPG next year, and it would really help me to have a linquistics expert on retainer :)

- JC

Link: http://2kadpbem.20m.com/jd" target="_blank">THE JUDGE DREDD STREET SIM

Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Trout

IIRC, Judge Eckhart was featured in Crusade, a Grant Morrison/ Garth Ennis effort, and as such is unlikely to reappear in a Wagner strip.

That's if his reputation for ignoring other people's continuity is correct.

- Trout