Main Menu

GARTH ENNIS PLANES and BOYS

Started by Tiplodocus, 02 October, 2008, 10:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Don't be tempted - DO IT! Its chuffing great. I really enjoyed this particularly story better than 'Tankies' which I also enjoyed and probably the best 'Battlefields' yet.

TordelBack

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 02 September, 2010, 01:23:47 PM
Don't be tempted - DO IT! Its chuffing great.

Yeah, seconded, it's great stuff.  Battlefields as a whole is amazing, probably Ennis' best work, with 'Happy Valley' being the highlight so far.

Proudhuff

noitced that Happy Valley was collected too, I have them all in individual comics so the collect ones would simply be a luxury hmmmm
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

It's DEAR BILLY that does it for me. Possibly my favourite Ennis thing ever (so far).

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Colin Zeal

I've just started reading The Boys and I think it's been excellent. You can add my name to the list of tradwaiters as well.

Proudhuff

Anyone seen issues 8 or 9 of Motherland?

I've seen images on-line but nothing in the shops

my last issue was this one:

[Emp edit: Image removed as it is generating security warnings. Please don't hotlink to other sites that aren't specifically image hosting sites]

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Yeah I got them on in my bag in my LCS. Both are on eBay for £3.29 inc postage if you can't get um elsewhere?

http://books.shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=motherland&_sacat=63&_odkw=&_osacat=63&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Proudhuff

cheers madear, if the comic shop don't have em I'll order from there.
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

Quote from: Proudhuff on 07 September, 2010, 02:04:37 PM
Yep. You'll certainly get them if you ever venture to Weegieland.

Got to say I've found the second run of Battlefields a lot weaker than the first. No story really stood out like Dear Billy or D-Day Dodgers and, although I understand the thinking about following the same characters through a campaign, I think having two follow ups together was a mistake. I'd still be happy to see another run, but I'd probably buy the collections rather than single issues as they're written and work better that way.

On an extremely nerdy note, I quite like the way Ennis has managed to synch the current issues of The Boys and the Highland Laddie mini so that we already know why Hughie's ended up back home without it spoiling the next couple of issues. Good stuff.

We never really die.

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Cosh on 07 September, 2010, 09:03:38 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 07 September, 2010, 02:04:37 PM
Yep. You'll certainly get them if you ever venture to Weegieland.

Cheers Cosh, The Memsab now works near the weegee FP, I'll ask her to pick them up.
DDT did a job on me

Trout

Quote from: The Cosh on 07 September, 2010, 09:03:38 PM
On an extremely nerdy note, I quite like the way Ennis has managed to synch the current issues of The Boys and the Highland Laddie mini so that we already know why Hughie's ended up back home without it spoiling the next couple of issues. Good stuff.

That's not nerdy at all - in fact, it anticipates a question I have.

I just read The Boys #46, in which Hughie discovers [spoiler]what Annie had to do to get into The Seven[/spoiler]. The cover has Queen Maeve on it.

Can you confirm I can read Highland Laddie #1 without it spoiling The Boys? Because I get my comics in a monthly bundle by post, sometimes I accidentally read them out of sequence.

- Trout

zombemybabynow

Yup no probs reading hughie - it takes place post the issue you've read
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Trout

Thanks!

HOOTS, CRIVVENS, etc etc etc.

Proudhuff

you can all stand easy, I've picked em up a Deedheed Comic today.Along with the Northlanders collected TPB No3 Blood in the snow.

TPB of all the Battlefield were in too, I wonder if they will be collected into a Hardback? PJ any idea?
DDT did a job on me

pauljholden