Main Menu

Why the Judges uniform is spot on!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 28 July, 2011, 08:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

FUCK THAT SHIT...HAS ANYONE SPOTTED A BOOTKNIFE?

Waltev

Because it was held in the back of his trousers (uniform?). Gangsta style...

Waltev

Or actually in the front - although it gives you a bit of a rash and you have to check chamber every two minutes...

Fuzzed

Quote from: pops1983 on 30 July, 2011, 12:33:00 AM

And this Movie Dredd design?

I'd hold it up against any Dredd Artist you'd care to mention.

Agreed.

I'm just loving the utility of it all, the fact that he looks like he can, for real, handle it all. It's made the fantasy actually seem possible - probable even, if our future turns out as bad as I'm expecting!

As for whether Karl Urban can act like he can, like CF? Very likely. I watched the extras in Doom, where they got trained by an SAS guy, and of course the movie itself, and he sure looks like he's got the moves down pat.

Also, I feel the need to apologise to Cap America fans, and possibly Americans too - turns out CA is actually quite good. Nothing gritty or realistic, but still. Those sneaky Americans with their sneaky charm powers!

blackmocco

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 30 July, 2011, 12:46:44 AM
but having made a quick mock up out of cardboard > there's definitely a restriction on vision there with that cross.

You've been reading Dredd for how long and it takes the second movie version for people (not just you. People all over the internet are saying the same thing) to start asking "how can he see out of that helmet with the crossed visor?". Fucking unbelievable.

So let's get this much straight: You don't like the shoulder pads because they're not close enough to the comic for you yet you've a problem with the crossed visor which is the one thing they really tried hard to get close...?

I don't know how people haven't twigged who you are yet. No way there's two of you.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: blackmocco on 30 July, 2011, 04:04:20 AM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 30 July, 2011, 12:46:44 AM
but having made a quick mock up out of cardboard > there's definitely a restriction on vision there with that cross.

You've been reading Dredd for how long and it takes the second movie version for people (not just you. People all over the internet are saying the same thing) to start asking "how can he see out of that helmet with the crossed visor?". Fucking unbelievable.

So let's get this much straight: You don't like the shoulder pads because they're not close enough to the comic for you yet you've a problem with the crossed visor which is the one thing they really tried hard to get close...?

I don't know how people haven't twigged who you are yet. No way there's two of you.

So who am I then?   If you'd read what I said you'll see I was using the crossed visor as an example to show that if they were going for total realism then why did they leave that crossed bit when they radically altered the shoulders?

You'll also see that I said..........."I've no real problem with the helmet".

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 30 July, 2011, 02:18:54 AM
FUCK THAT SHIT...HAS ANYONE SPOTTED A BOOTKNIFE?

I think I spotted something at the bottom of Dredd's boot in one of the pics that could be a knife, I was thinking the exact same thing Joe...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

COMMANDO FORCES

#ABCwarBOT, I presume you are happy with my reply about the helmet and the vision from it, now?

golledge100

Quote.  I've no real problem with the helmet.   I prefer it to the Stallone version by a lot......but having made a quick mock up out of cardboard               

You made a mock up out of cardboard to illustrate your point?...Seriously....?..

>speechless<

spireite68

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 28 July, 2011, 08:52:43 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES' WIFE on 28 July, 2011, 08:01:45 PM
"Get a life, it's only a film!"

I've corrected who that quote was from, as it was from my wife  ;)
Mate i know exactly how you feel!!!!!!!! But having said that my youngest Joe who is 23 has said he has really got into reading Batman so i have put him right on that one too, told him there is only one character he needs to immerse himself in!!!!!!
You creeps must think I sailed through space on a synthi-biscuit!

Angry Vince

Alright <cracks knuckles> it's about time we all moved on.

ABCwarBot: You really need to let this go. You started an new thread to complain about a single aspect of the uniform and have steadfastly refused to accept that people are not interested in debating that any further.
Opinions and banter and not unwelcome in this forum, but when you continue to push a single agenda you piss people off.
Whether you are a certain person on not is irrelevant at this stage: Let it go, accept that no one wants to hear any more what is about what may be wrong and try to throw in something constructive.

Everyone Else: Give the guy a break and some rope. If he chooses to hang himself...

Cross posted as I don't want anyone missing out.
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

Proudhuff

ABCwarBot: now on ignore suggest other do the same
DDT did a job on me

crimeman

Yeah, the new look is spot on if you think day is the same as night or positive is the same as negative.

For the rest of us living in the real world, you can tell it's totally UNFAITHFUL to the source material. Any fan defending this turd of a uniform redesign needs to question whether or not they're actually fans of Judge Dredd.

Goaty