Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Youths are battling amongst the bins out my back.

And I've just noticed Dog Deever's changed his avatar.
We never really die.

vzzbux

Quote from: House of Usher on 22 July, 2010, 07:19:49 PM
I'm glad there's so much quoting going on. It means the thread will go onto another page that much quicker and we can move on.

Here Here.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Orlok

I've just re-read the Mark Millar Dredd stories for the Daily Star. >:(

As if his Toothy stuff wasn't bad enough these are something far worse. I think he outsourced the writing to a nine year old.

Also, he's met Angelina Jolie. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Dark Jimbo

Some chavvy fucker stole my bike from the station last night.  :thumbsdown:
@jamesfeistdraws

Noisybast

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 July, 2010, 10:37:38 AM
...we're all going to die regardless of luck.

I'm not. I've decided to skip that bit.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Orlok on 26 July, 2010, 12:24:20 AM
I've just re-read the Mark Millar Dredd stories for the Daily Star. >:(

As if his Toothy stuff wasn't bad enough these are something far worse. I think he outsourced the writing to a nine year old.

Also, he's met Angelina Jolie. >:( >:( >:( >:(
On the bright side, no matter how far he travels he'll never not be from Coatbridge.
We never really die.

House of Usher

I decided to get an early night last night and decided to put a DVD in to record the not very good 1971 film 'Zeppelin,' which was showing on ITV1 at 2.30am. Unfortunately, I was so tired that when I finally went to bed I'd forgotten about the film altogether, and thus forgot to set the DVD to record it. Bollocks.
STRIKE !!!

Paul faplad Finch

I had some recording woes myself last night. I set the video to record some stuff and went to bed. Unfortunately I didn't remove the tape I'd been watching and put the other one in.

So I woke tis morning to find that I had taped over the end of an episode of Heroes, an entire episode of Dynasty and part of an episode of Falcon Crest. Made all the more galling because the Falcon Crest episode was a season opener so I didn't get to see the cliffhangers. such as they were, resolved.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Dandontdare

You people are strange - recording "not very good 1971 films" and "Dynasty and Falcon Crest". Can't decide which of you is strangest!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Dandontdare on 01 August, 2010, 01:41:54 PM
You people are strange - recording "not very good 1971 films" and "Dynasty and Falcon Crest".

Falcon awful.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

You people are strange - recording "not very good 1971 films" and "Dynasty and Falcon Crest". Can't decide which of you is strangest!

I had a purpose in wanting to watch the not very good 1971 film 'Zeppelin.'  :D
It was in the name of research.
STRIKE !!!

The Legendary Shark

Ah. Got naked ladies in, has it? Ladies with big Zeppelins?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Paul faplad Finch

Take incredibly clunky scripts where unlikeable and unsympathetic characters spout ridiculously unnaural dialogue. Give those scripts to the most wooden group of actors you can find. Smother the result in an overblown and intrusive score and you get Dynasty.  God help me though, I can't stop watching.

Falcon Crest on the other hand is genuinely good television if you give it a chance. Not nearly as overblown or cheesy as others of it's ilk, it relies for the bulk of it's drama on it's characters. Who come across as genuinely likeable and warm individuals, partly due to the efforts of a very talented cast but also becuse the writers take the trouble to make them so, rather than being in a rush to get to the next bit of ridiculous melodrama.  When it does go bigger it's usually in the crime/thriller/conspiracy direction, with lots of espionage and assasinations. It's bloody good stuff.

Right, defensive rant over.   :-[

I'm  a bit surprised no-one took the piss out of me for watching Heroes though.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Minkyboy

...my mum got told she has breast cancer today.

Small lump and treatable with op and radiation, hopefully she won't need chemo, but still, not in my top 10 days this year.

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Dandontdare

All the best to your mum Minkyboy - small breast tumours are very treatable, but scary nonetheless. Chin up mate.