Main Menu

John M Burns or Peter Doherty - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 13

Started by Colin YNWA, 19 May, 2021, 06:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddykafka

Colin YNWA

Only today to get your votes in. Another quiet one so far so pop a vote in today if you haven't and the countin' will be done in the morning...

So as ever time for me to get my vote in and this one is pretty straightforward for me to be honest. Its not that I don't love Pete Doherty's art but John M Burns is in my 10 ten 2000ad artists of all time (probably I've never actually written my top 10 but reckon he'd get in there). That said I can't ignore Pete Doherty's talents and so:

John M Burns 4 : Peter Doherty 1

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

So yesterday Classic Team stopped the comeback of the rampent Current Team and this morning there is probably little surprise that Current Team have hit straight back. Pete Doherty is, as many of pointed out, an underrated star. However he had the misfortune to come up against John M Burns a legend of comics and 2000ad. So there is little surprise that the gap is closed back down to one ... but can Current close that gap entirely... well join me tomorrow...

Current Team 6 : Classic Team 7

Current Team 568 : Classic Team 656

broodblik

With Team MacNeil showing The Biz only heals we might see another gain for the Current
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 22 May, 2021, 09:35:01 AM
With Team MacNeil showing The Biz only heals we might see another gain for the Current

As the narrator said at the start of Hong Kong Phooey - 'Could be..'

Magnetica

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 May, 2021, 09:59:28 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 22 May, 2021, 09:35:01 AM

As the narrator said at the start of Hong Kong Phooey - 'Could be..'

Here's the thing- Burns and MacNeil are as "classic" 2000AD artists as just about anyone; they are on the "current" team as they are still doing work for Tharg, so it's a though draw for anyone coming up against them. Especially MacNeil. It's a bit unfair really 😉.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Magnetica on 22 May, 2021, 12:29:01 PM
Here's the thing- Burns and MacNeil are as "classic" 2000AD artists as just about anyone; they are on the "current" team as they are still doing work for Tharg, so it's a though draw for anyone coming up against them. Especially MacNeil. It's a bit unfair really 😉.

Hey as I keep telling my kids - who ever said life was fair?

Poor ol' Current Team has like 5 years to draw from. Classic Team have the 39 years before that. Current Team have to fight nostaglia - who can do that AND some poor bugger from Current Team will be (well is) drawn against Carlos...

... I figure it all balances out in the end!