Main Menu

'Free' Megazine GN Suggestions

Started by radiator, 01 July, 2008, 12:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

Stontium Dog's Tales from the doghouse :)
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Skullmo

I'd ask for a Big Dave floppy, but we all know he would want a Hardcover
It's a joke. I was joking.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Skullmo on 30 July, 2012, 09:39:41 PM
I'd ask for a Big Dave floppy, but we all know he would want a Hardcover
Big Dave was a bit before my time, though I hear it's a bit of a cult classic.

Colin YNWA

Isn't Big Dave one of the stories that's in ownership limbo with Zenith et al?

Shame I enjoyed it, though its no 2000ad story, as I've said before.

Skullmo

Yeah I think so. And Really and Truly (which is why it appeared in the Ryan Hughes Man of Tomorrow book).

PreacherCain

I've just finished the absolutely brilliant The Bulletproof Coffin and would love to see some reprints of Shaky Kane's work for 2000AD. I know his work was a love/hate thing back in the day but I think it's worth another look now.  :D

O Lucky Stevie!

Stevie'd buy that in a flash if wasn't bagged free with the Meg.

Sadly all of the Soulgun stories were scripted by Alan McKenzie.

To shamelessly ape paraphrase Colin, "Aren't these some of the stories that's in ownership limbo with Luke Kirby et al?"

However that does leave Soul Sisters & a Mark Millar scripted Future Shock* open for reprint.

Soul. Sisters.

Mark. Millar.

[spoiler]*the twist at the end being that Millar doesn't actually provide a conclusion for the story.[/spoiler]
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

PreacherCain

That's a shame about the SoulGun stories, they were what I had in mind sadly. Hell, just get him back to do a Dredd in that case!  :D

Skullmo

Why was the legal department in a shambles! They should realy have secured the rights - or given the creators the rights. Having things in limbo is a pain!

Dandontdare

I understand neither party really wants to push things legally as it could set a precedant that means Rebellion wouldn't be able to republish any old work.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Skullmo on 10 August, 2012, 01:06:04 PM
Why was the legal department in a shambles! They should realy have secured the rights - or given the creators the rights. Having things in limbo is a pain!

at a guess... Alan McKenzie?

You know what Stevie wouldn't mind seeing agin? Shadows.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

O Lucky Stevie!

That said, the ownership of the prog was in flux in that particular period.

Adrian Bamforth

Don't know if it's been mentioned.

Brigand Doom.

I never read it but it looked fun.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Adrian Bamforth on 12 August, 2012, 04:00:38 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned. Brigand Doom.
Another of McKenzie's contributions, so that's almost certainly never going to happen. (Man, McKenzie wrote a LOT of stuff in those days, didn't he? Loophole-a-go-go.)

Colin YNWA

Which is a shame as it was fun, certainly at the start and great art by David D'Antiques throughout.