Main Menu

Schwarzenegger Does a Byrne

Started by Byron Virgo, 09 September, 2006, 05:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

Not, as you might at first assume, the former star of the Terminator visiting twin-fisted justice upon toothless old gimp-faced John 'CORE CONCEPT' Byrne - no, instead the governor of California has followed Byrne's example by offending Latinos in general whilst trying to describe just one.

Though to be fair, the comments were in private and he has apologised for them now. And he never said anything about whores.

Well, he is a politician, after all...

Link: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-arnold9sep09,0,6430630.story?coll=la-home-headlines" target="_blank">"They are all very hot..."

Wils

Pfft! That's nothing. Boris Johnson has had to apologise to the entire country of Papua New Guinea for describing them as chief-killing cannibals.

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5327984.stm" target="_blank">Liverpool, New Guinea, then... THE WORLD

Artificial Idiot

Ha! Johnson is a legend! I can't wait for my personal apology from him... Cause he's bound to insult me sooner or later!

Bico

See, where Schwarzenegger's going wrong is by actually APOLOGISING for his opinions offending someone.  That might be what he thinks, but he's not deluding himself that he's right, or that anyone else agrees with him - so it can hardly be called 'doing a Byrne'.
If, on the other hand, Schwarzenegger said all Latinos were assholes and should be skinned alive, then spent the next few years denying he said anything of the sort and that his comments were taken out of context DESPITE BEING EASILY VERIFIABLE, then he'd be doing a Byrne.
Oh, and he'd also need to stop working and lose most of his teeth.

Byron Virgo

Well, he is a politician.

And I already said that he apologised, didn't I? He was right though - those it's the 'black blood' in those Latinos that make 'em one-a spicey meatball-a!

Borris Johnson is allowed to be insulting and xenophobic because he cynically cultivates his image of being a daffy old lovable Tory with crazy hair who doesn't really know what he's doing or saying half the time. And of course you'd have to be fairly unhinged to edit The Spectator. But he was right about Liverpool though, mind...

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Byron Virgo

Apologies, my victim-status wallowing friend.

;-P

Noisybast

No offense taken.
Your car stereo, on the other hand...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Floyd-the-k

"Mr Johnson - whose face is currently being used on recruitment posters for Tory youth wing Conservative Future"

hey kids - every wanted to sack your girlfriend because she wouldn't pay for the abortion (out of the money you pay her for writing crummy columns about the virtues of good old fashioned family values)?

Funt Solo

I love this apology from Boris:

"I meant no insult to the people of Papua New Guinea who I'm sure lead lives of blameless bourgeois domesticity in common with the rest of us."
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Grae the puppetmaker

Did anyone hear the report on Boris' latest faux-pas on PM on Friday? The headline ran something like this:

'Boris Johnson calls Papua New Guinea a land of canibals. Papua New Guinea High Commissioner says "No-one has been eaten for 200 years."'

Chris Morris couldn't write better...