Main Menu

Best comics ever poll

Started by Emperor, 26 May, 2011, 03:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Interesting, just note the requirements (although small press counts so that shouldn't be a problem):

QuoteSo after all the talk of canons on HU over the last week or two, Robert Stanley Martin and HU have decided to organize a poll to determine the greatest comics of all time. Here is Robert's announcement of the details:

QuoteWould you like a break from all the incessant, pretentious squabbling here at The Hooded Utilitarian? Well, so would we! And we're going to have a party!

We've already started sending out personal invitations to comics creators, members of the comics press, and various others to participate in a poll. We want to know their favorite comics of all time. In early August, we're going to start counting down the top vote getters until we get to the winner of our little popularity contest. We will then publish all the submitted lists so everyone can see who voted for what. You may find your taste in comics is simpatico with people with whom you never thought you agreed.

The specific question of the poll is this:

What are the ten comics works you consider your favorites, the best, or the most significant?

We want lots of participants, lots and lots of them. We want more than we can ever hope to think of inviting. So we're making a public announcement. If you can make any real claim to being a member of the comics press or comics academia, to being a professional creator in the comics, cartooning, and illustration fields, or an owner or employee of a comics-related business, you're eligible to participate as long as we can easily verify your status. If you're a comics blogger, no problem! A web-comics creator? No problem! An English professor who has assigned comics in your classes? An employee of a book publisher that handles comics? No problem! We want your list. And please pass our request on to eligible people whom you think might be interested!

http://hoodedutilitarian.com/2011/05/robert-stanley-martin-announces-best-comics-poll/
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+