Main Menu

Marvel obtain rights to Aliens and Predator comics off Dark Horse

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 July, 2020, 04:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Garnon

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 02 July, 2020, 06:25:59 PM
I just feel sorry for Dark Horse: Star Wars, Conan, Aliens, Predator... what next?

Still, at least I suppose this now GUARANTEES a Conan/ Predator face-off- which Dark Horse oddly never did but which Marvel surely wont be able to resist?

SBT

They lost Buffy and Angel too to Disney/Boom!

The current Scott Allie attention isn't going to help Hellboy/BPRD either.

Smith

If I was a betting man,I would say Predator vs Wolverine is happening. Or whoever is on every cover these days.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 July, 2020, 09:15:21 PM
Losing Usagi Yojimbo was quite a surprise. (I'm also unconvinced IDW is the right home for that property, but there you go.)

To be fair IDW have done wonders for some stuff they have brought in... well I'm talking about Corto Maltese aren't I really!

IndigoPrime

I find IDW variable. They made a horrible mess of classic-era Transformers, spending the least amount possible on some abhorrent remastering, and making baffling design decisions on the UK material (that ended up getting canned anyway). The one thing they do very well at least is collected volumes. The question with Usagi Yojimbo is what—if anything—they will do in the HC world. My hope would be volumes that would sit nicely alongside the Dark Horse special editions. But they may end up going their own way. (Also: Usagi in colour doesn't entirely sit right with me. I get that it's a new era and all, but I loved Sakai's B+W work.)

von Boom

Colin YNWA

Quote from: von Boom on 03 July, 2020, 03:49:08 PM
Pretty soon all comics will be Taco Bell.  ::)

Not pretty soon all comics will be Wolverine vs Taco Bell.

karlos

A cursory glance on eBay shows that people are suddenly paying silly money for some of the early DH Aliens/Predator/Terminator minis.

No idea why the prices have shot up like they have - surely not connected to the recent news?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: karlos on 06 July, 2020, 08:16:25 PM
A cursory glance on eBay shows that people are suddenly paying silly money for some of the early DH Aliens/Predator/Terminator minis.

No idea why the prices have shot up like they have - surely not connected to the recent news?

Never under estimate the strangeness of the speculator market!

karlos

The Adventurer

Guess I should prioritize getting PREDATOR VS JUDGE DREDD VS ALIENS collection before someone realizes 2000 AD is still selling it.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Tomwe

I just listed the four Alien Predator HC books put out by Hachette on eBay if anyone is interested. 99p starts.
(mods feel free to delete if this kind of self promotion isn't allowed)

sheridan

Quote from: Tomwe on 21 August, 2020, 03:55:30 PM
I just listed the four Alien Predator HC books put out by Hachette on eBay if anyone is interested. 99p starts.
(mods feel free to delete if this kind of self promotion isn't allowed)

I don't know what the mods think of links like this on this thread, but there's certainly a buying and selling section on the forum that you can also post it to.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me