Main Menu

COSMIC COMICS - New Hibernia Archive!

Started by Bolt-01, 01 May, 2019, 09:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Hibernia Comicsy page

Just seen this on a Down the Tubes post and thought that many here would be interested...

Get it while you can!

Down Tubes link

The Amstor Computer

Thanks for sharing, Bolt  :)

This has been a fun project to work on with David, and I'm delighted to see it out there. Rebellion and the Treasury have been super-supportive and I hope our work on this lives up to the high standards they've been setting with their releases.

There's a fun mix of material in here, and we put a lot of effort into making it look it's best. Something like Captain Klep was a real challenge, as the original printing was wonky at best and required a lot of manual clean-up, but I think the comparison sample at DTT gives an idea of what we were able to do.

Will be really interested to see what readers think of this when they have it in their hands :-)

maryanddavid

Brilliant Dave, thanks!

COSMIC COMICS is Hibernia's 14th publication, and it was a real thrill to be allowed to play in the Treasury of British Comics archive.

This collects Kevin O'Neill's formative work from titles like Tornado, Starlord, 2000 AD, Lion and Oink.

Richard Pearce (Amstor of this parish) has done amazing work on the design and restoration of the artwork.

Only for sale on Hibernia's Comicsy shop here-http://www.comicsy.co.uk/hibernia/

maryanddavid

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: maryanddavid on 01 May, 2019, 10:13:04 AM
I see Amstor has beaten me!

Woken up by the kids at 7am and loaded with coffee! :-)

Bolt-01

Amstor & David - it was my pleasure. The work you guys do sets a tonal standard that every archive should aim for.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 01 May, 2019, 10:32:12 AM
Amstor & David - it was my pleasure. The work you guys do sets a tonal standard that every archive should aim for.

Yep this is so true. As I think I've done everytime this ordered with barely a seconds throught.

Looking forward to it landing... 14 you say I might do a head count as I've ordered all the ones I've been able to but I'm wondering...

Dandontdare

ah man, that cover takes me back! I remember poring over that in detail as a kid, but it became detached and my copy of that special was (and still is to this day) coverless - it was a real nostalgia-jolt to see that, and the idea of early Kev O'Neill given the high-quality Hibernia treatment certainly floats my boat - I'm in!

The Amstor Computer

Thanks Colin and Dandontdare - very kind of you to say, and I hope you're both happy with Cosmic Comics!

A big thank-you too to the droids in the Nerve Centre who gave CC a great plug in the Thrillmail and on the 2000AD news section  :)

Colin - a quick Hibernia checklist for you  ;)

-- Doomlord: The Deathlords of Nox
-- Comic Archive: One-Eyed Jack and the Death of Valiant
-- Comic Archive: Beyond 2000AD
-- Comic Archive: It's Ghastly!
-- Comic Archive: The Fleetway Files
-- The Thirteenth Floor Vol. 1
-- The Thirteenth Floor Vol. 2
-- The Tower King (1st ed. saddle-stitched, 2nd ed. perfect-bound)
-- The House of Daemon
-- Baker's Half-Dozen
-- The Complete Dracula File
-- The Best of the Library of Death
-- Eagle Adventure Special

...plus Cosmic Comics now :) The Dracula File and The Thirteenth Floor are now out in great editions from the Treasury, of course, and I'm afraid the others (Doomlord aside) are out of print, but there are digital editions of all of the Comic Archives available direct from David.

moly

Just about to order this but £6.50 for postage is a bit steep for uk delivery

maryanddavid

That's not correct for the postage Moly, PM me and Ill see what the problem is.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Amstor Computer on 01 May, 2019, 06:13:31 PM

Colin - a quick Hibernia checklist for you  ;)

WAYHOOO a quick check in the nerd cave and I'ma Seto Hiberniao - I always thought there was one I'd missed before I got back on the comics band wagon but apparently not!

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 01 May, 2019, 06:49:03 PMWAYHOOO a quick check in the nerd cave and I'ma Seto Hiberniao - I always thought there was one I'd missed before I got back on the comics band wagon but apparently not!

Ha! Excellent :)

Quote from: Satanist on 02 May, 2019, 11:28:35 AM
Ordered yesterday, cannae wait  :P

Thanks - hope you enjoy it!

A very positive first day of sales for CC, with half of the print run sold and some great support from everyone. This had a longer-than-expected gestation for a couple of reasons, so it's rewarding to see  :)