Main Menu

‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Started by JOE SOAP, 20 July, 2013, 06:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

I honestly could give less of a shit. MOS was terrible. Get over it and moce on. If this get's a good word on here (excpet from CF. He doesn't know what he's talkin about!) then I might give it a try, as I generaly seem to agree with peep's on here when it come's to modern blockbusters.

COMMANDO FORCES

It'll all depend on if people die, if I have something good to say. Plus (and I add this for Rich) I would like a new way for cars to be destroyed, being vapourised would be nice ;)

Goaty

Oh, must be one of longest announcements, as they did it in I Am Legend...

locustsofdeath!

Richmond Clements

QuoteI would like a new way for cars to be destroyed, being vapourised would be nice

:-)

Steve Green

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 July, 2013, 08:03:22 PM
It'll all depend on if people die, if I have something good to say. Plus (and I add this for Rich) I would like a new way for cars to be destroyed, being vapourised would be nice ;)

The next film I do the effects on is going to have cars disappear in rainbow sparkles just for you, John.

Montynero

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 July, 2013, 08:03:22 PM

Goyer and Nolan have that covered: How about if Superman [spoiler]breaks all the car's necks to stop any fatal car accidents, causing them all to blow up in a row, after which we learn that Batman 'secretly' fitted an auto destruct mechanism to each vehicle (which may or may not have been the anguished dream of his doddery old butler Alfred)?[/spoiler] 

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 21 July, 2013, 09:25:57 PM
Oh, must be one of longest announcements, as they did it in I Am Legend...

Warners' self-fulfilling prophecy; probably means I should start sharpening stakes and boarding up the house.

Montynero

I wouldn't worry too much, Joe. 'They' also predicted Atari, Bell, Cuisinart and Pan Am would be mega-corps of the future in Blade Runner.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Montynero on 21 July, 2013, 10:28:35 PM
I wouldn't worry too much, Joe. 'They' also predicted Atari, Bell, Cuisinart and Pan Am would be mega-corps of the future in Blade Runner.

And as competitors they all collapsed - dark magicians I tell ya those Warners.

JOE SOAP

It feels like desperation and a rush announcement because of how big the competition is.

For such 'big guns', when you compare this paltry offering (and the out of context Dark Knight Returns reference) with the confidence of Marvel's brilliant presentation, cohesiveness and scale- DC/Warner are in the ha' penny place. So much for Snyder & Goyer's apparent vision for a Man of Steel sequel. Looks like the studio swung in at the last minute and made a commercial decision because Man of Steel isn't the $billion return they expected it to be. Not that it's done bad at all but it's not repaying enough on their massive initial investment.

Recrewt

Yeah, the Hulk (Edward Norton) version was on TV last night and I had forgotten that Tony Stark appeared at the end in a little cameo.  They really did well with linking all the Avengers characters movies together but so far we have seen none of that cohesion from DC/Warner.  Apart from the Wayne enterprise logo popping up did we actually get any other nods in the Man of Steel movie? 

And not sure if it's the DC influence but this is all fast becoming just the Superman/Batman show - c'mon you do have more than two characters!  I know Green Lantern was a disappointment for them but they really need some effort on their other characters as well.  All this just makes me think that the JLA movie will never happen. 

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 22 July, 2013, 03:07:24 PM
Getting a bit worried about Summer 2015.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/steven-spielberg-predicts-implosion-film-567604

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pacific-rim-lone-ranger-hollywoods-586076

If they cut back on the marketing budgets which are equalling and excelling how much it costs to make the films; didn't focus on a single 3 day opening in one country but rather on 5 year earnings and thought about changing the distribution model to incorporate VOD etc. they might save themselves.

Professor Bear

You are describing the Asylum/SyFy business model there, Joe, and that's for small-timers who can't play in the big leagues.  Cinema movies are events and cultural phenomena, otherwise why bother putting them in cinemas?

As for why Marvel's movies have been more coherent as a shared universe despite being made by many hands, I would have thought that it was obvious: the crawl back from bankruptcy has trained those working there to get fucking good at what they do or it's back to eating from bins.