Main Menu

Comics we're excited about in 2021

Started by Colin YNWA, 07 January, 2021, 09:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: broodblik on 16 March, 2021, 01:01:34 PM
More Black Hammer is always great news pity about Dean not on art duties
Mm, although Lemire notes he'll be working on the sister series, a Madame Dragonfly book. I've been scooping up all the BH books in library format. They're very nice.

As for Saga, I can only imagine it'll happen eventually, but another 50-odd issues now seems like a very big ask.

Colin YNWA

Ohhh late entry for this thread!

Coming in December - One Star Squadron from Mark Russell, Steve Lieber at DC Comics

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/plastic-man-power-girl-return-in-one-star-squadron-from-dc-comics/

I mean when I look at my current haul which I'm juys reading through and realise how much of it is either Black Hammer stuff, Kyle Starks stuff or things by Mark Russell its hardly a surprise that this colours my fancy. Particularly when you add to the fact that it falls in chunks of DC lore I love.

The only shame is its another 6 issue mini from Mark R. Man I'd love to see what he'd do with an extended run on a title, just about any title... not that you could see this last past 6 issues even if it was planned as an ongoing!

CalHab

He had a long run on Red Sonja, which he ended due to differences with Dynamite after they started publishing 'Gaters. Quite entertaining, as I remember (Red Sonja, not the 'Gaters)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: CalHab on 16 September, 2021, 10:58:59 AM
He had a long run on Red Sonja, which he ended due to differences with Dynamite after they started publishing 'Gaters. Quite entertaining, as I remember (Red Sonja, not the 'Gaters)

That's the one series by him I haven't picked up. I've little interest in the character and while I thought he could probbaly do that I didn't get on board and then the Comicgate stuff happened and so I stayed well away.