Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Let There Be Rock, on repeat for the last 20 minutes. Dunno why.

15 million fingers learning how to play...
Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

Maybe one for the "recently discovered" file rather than here but I've had both of these choice cuts on heavy rotation for the last couple of weeks.

Not since The Source featured Candi Staton has the noble art of playing one record over the top of another produced such fine results. It's from a live mix so I've taken the liberty of skipping the overlong fade-in for you. Pretty cool to find out that the guy with the passion in his voice here is now the mayor of Newark.

I heard this on the radio one Friday evening and was surprised to hear it was only recorded the week before and not sometime in 1968: Hang Tough (not the one you're thinking of.)
We never really die.

Spikes

PINS - A Manchester girl band, whom i caught live last Sunday.

von Boom

Colin YNWA

Okay so my CD based Queen reapprisal is pretty much done and the official results are in. The last good Queen record was 'Live Killers'  okay that's a cheat and so studio album wise it goes like this:

Queen = GREAT
Queen II = GREATEST
Sheer Heart Attack = My GREATEST above might be misplaced as this is possiblity GREATERER
Night at the Opera = GREAT
Day at the Races = GOOD toying with GREAT
News of the World = GOOD
Jazz = oh, wasn't expecting that, used to love that record its actually pretty ropey a few tracks aside
The Game = Christ I'd forgotten some of those tracks existed and I must have listened to that record 613418418 times in my early teens, a bit poor a couple of tracks aside
Flash Gordon = well thats better, very interesting if a little too sparce tunes wise
Hot Space = Oh God ram sticks into my ears please... oh actually that was okay... oh no no its horrible again... arh Under Pressure I love you
The Works = Hmmm okay might need to listen to that one again
A Kind of Magic = Well that's not stood the test of time has it
The Miracle = Even my nostaglic Queen love won't make me go there again!

And you can take that to bank and pay Brian and Roger while quietly respecting John for keeping away from the whole sordided mess its all becoming.

Skullmo

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 05 December, 2014, 08:16:48 PM

The Miracle = Even my nostaglic Queen love won't make me go there again!

I really love the Miracle and Innuendo.
It's a joke. I was joking.

radiator

'A Carol Symphony' composed by Victor Hely-Hutchinson - specifically the 'First Nowell' bit.

It's a composition from the 1940s and is probably best known for being the basis of the theme tune for the BBC adaptation 'The Box of Delights' (which I have to watch every single Christmas Eve without fail).

There is no other piece of music that can conjure up a Christmassy feeling quite as well. It's really beautiful, and the opening bit has a really sinister edge.

It starts from the 2:00 on this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwMUgsEmxvw

8-Ball

Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Hawkmumbler

8-Ball

While the term "Throwback Thursday" makes me want to spew, here is a song that I loved at the time and yet completely forgot ever existed...

The Bangles - Be With You http://youtu.be/1VAe_gCBDmI
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

ZenArcade

Queen Bitch: both the Bowie Whistle Test apperance; Green River's grunge version and every utube Kid with a guitar doing it as well. Riff heaven. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

NapalmKev

A track from the New Napalm Death album (Apex Predator - Easy Meat) available at the end of January. The song is titled "Cesspits".

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=6FvqafkSb1w

Enjoy!
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"