What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

richerthanyou

Quote from: Fungus on 26 March, 2016, 02:06:37 AM
Too much to read Thryllseekyr.

I found that just reading the text in bold seems to have the same affect as reading the whole thing :D
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Skullmo on 26 March, 2016, 02:24:16 AM
Still enjoying the Freshies a lot. And also Julian Cope
Never heard of Freshies but I've got a lot of time for Julian Cope's music. Playing Peggy Suicide as I type, thanks to this thread.

Always loved the fact that The Teardrop Explodes were named after this panel but I guess everyone knows that.

Apestrife

Peace & Truce of The future of the left

Future of the left's most recent album. Backed it on pledge music and got a dig. copy early on.

Not sure if it's up there with  How to Stop Your Brain in an Accident or the one before it. Not yet it is, but I think it's growing with each listen. Has a massive sound, very loud and heavy but at the same time warm. But I've yet heard relevant reflections like "Where were you when Russell Brand invented fire?" or the one about Robocop 4 (fuck off robocop) from the Plot against common sense album :P

Best track thus far is probably Back when I was brilliant. Led Zep Kashmir thumpin drums and guitar with lyrics asking where to nice thai-resturants in Hamburg and bragging about knowing good curry houses. Can't help to love it  :D

Future of the left - Back when I was brilliant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqMxNmly5tQ

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 26 March, 2016, 02:00:29 AM
Just like that obese dwarf who broke his seat after catching the finale snag (Aussie word for cooked pork sausage!) after Bofar threw it to him. (Remember that scene from of the very first Hobbit movie? When Gandalf & the rest of company were cooling their heels at Rivendell.

I think you Brits call them Bangars!

Greg M.

Iggy Pop - Post Pop Depression

I can't pretend to be an avid follower of Mr. Osterberg - I've got a couple of Stooges records, I've enjoyed some of his solo stuff - but I'm totally addicted to his new record (and possible swansong.) In part, this is because of the major role Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age plays in doing his eccentric desert rock thing, in part just great, memorable songs that sometimes go off in odd directions. Bowie-ish vibe at times (even a bit Lou Reed-y occasionally) - 'Sunday' is the centrepiece and a bit of a highlight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMBQMQfrPso

Stephen Parry

"The Final Frontier" by Iron Maiden.

I'd go as far as saying that this may be their best album of recent times.

richerthanyou

Quote from: Stephen Parry on 02 April, 2016, 12:52:38 AM

Better than Book Of Souls?

Welcome to the boards btw
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Greg M.

I'd call it their best since Seventh Son - but then they released Book of Souls, so now that's their best since Seventh Son.

ThryllSeekyr

I've ben thinking about getting that. it's sounds sweet. Yet, what would you recommend for the person who's never brought any of their sounds.

Greg M.

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 02 April, 2016, 11:29:23 AM
Yet, what would you recommend for the person who's never brought any of their sounds.

For a newcomer to Iron Maiden? Live After Death or The Number of the Beast.

NapalmKev

I've ben thinking about getting that. it's sounds sweet. Yet, what would you recommend for the person who's never brought any of their sounds.

Powerslave and Seventh Son... are great albums. My favourites of their earlier work.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

SpongeJosh

Yet, what would you recommend for the person who's never brought any of their sounds.
Albums from 1980-1984 are my favourites. Or save pennies and get a live album, they have all the hits  :D

richerthanyou

First Maiden Record? Get A Real Live/Dead One

(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Stephen Parry

Quote from: richerthanyou on 02 April, 2016, 03:00:02 AM

Better than Book Of Souls?

Welcome to the boards btw

In my opinion, yes. And thanks for the welcome!

Pleasantly surprised by Super Collider by Megadeth earlier tonight. I hadn't heard many positive reviews of it from my social circle.