Main Menu

if you like kate bush......

Started by PeterWolf, 18 May, 2007, 03:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

She's a superb live performer, infact I'm seeing her in London in July!

I'd have to disagree. I've seen her a couple of times - at King Tut's Wah Wah Hut when 'Little Earthquakes' was out (uninterestingly enough, the first CD I ever bought, even though I didn't have a CD player) and at the SECC a couple of years ago - and thought she was a competent but rather dull performer. Incidentally, I wasn't saying I thought she was rubbish, just that she's not in the same league as KB.

Inspired by this thread I bought a couple of albums at the weekend. 'Hounds of Love' which is, of course, fantastic and Joanna Newsom's 'Ys' which I am quite enjoying so far.
We never really die.

Peter Wolf

try the new kate bush album sometime as it is very good indeed.  its called ariel.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Speaking as a Kate Bush fan from 1978 to 1990, I didn't like it much. Sorry Kate.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Thats a shame after waiting all that time.

i must say i dont like all of it but what i do like i like a lot.

I, Cosh

I was at a very enjoyable music festival in Inverary last weekend where I managed to catch most of Bat For Lashes set and thought they were really excellent. The highlight being the song where she plays a big stick.

Bjork was the big draw on the Sunday night but, in a  bizarre scheduling paradox, played before LCD Soundsystem. Her performance was so utterly astonishing that if God had come on stage afterwards with his seven archangels for a brass section and Jimi Hendrix on guitar it would still have been an anticlimax.

Anyway, here's a nice Bat For Lashes song with a pretty cool video I found.

Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=n1wnOUH2jk8" target="_blank">How many bikes do you see Bandit?

We never really die.

Peter Wolf

Thanks for that/  She lives in brighton apparently.

also in a similar vein there is a new PJ Harvey album out very soon.This time just voice and piano but i heard a bit and it sounded very good.