General Chat > Film & TV

Obi-Wan Kenobi on Disney+ (High Chance of SPOILERS)

<< < (2/15) > >>

Colin YNWA:
Reckon John Deacon would make a good Imperial Officer too?

sheridan:

--- Quote from: wedgeski on 31 May, 2022, 09:16:20 AM ---But for me Episode 2 was pretty bad. Lots of improbable chasing around and, for a man who's trying to hide the fact that he's a Jedi, he certainly walks, talks, and carries his light sabre like one.

--- End quote ---

This is a pet niggle I have - but it's far, far too late to do anything about it.  It's the whole design of jedi robes.

Look at A New Hope.  Obi Wan is supposed to be in disguise and if you look at his clothing then it's not a million miles away from that of tusken sand raiders, which makes sense as they both live in the desert.

Then Empire rolled along and we met a second jedi.  Who was wearing the same outfit, despite living in entirely different conditions (if Luke had been paying attention they'd have noticed that Yoda was wearing roughly the same clothes as Obi Wan, scaled down).

So to me the design of Obi Wan's clothes are good and make sense, but then George Lucas and the designers seemed to forget their design decisions in the next three years.

CalHab:
I guess they're supposed to reference a monk's robes, but I agree there should be variation for environment and species for the Jedis.

Wandering around Blade Runner wearing Jedi robes was idiotic on the part of Obi-Wan Ben.

Funt Solo:
She’s nine. Like my daughter, a bit shorter than your average bear.

Jim_Campbell:
Heads up! Disney has moved Obi-Wan to Wednesdays, so there's a new episode out now. Possible Ep3 spoilers may occur from this point onwards.

(I haven't watched it yet, but wanted to drop a marker here for people, like me, who weren't expecting to see the next part until Friday.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version