Main Menu

DC Thomson launch new Emanta Studios & new shows based on British Characters

Started by rogue69, 20 July, 2022, 12:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

DC Thomson have launch a new film/tv company Called "Emanta Studios" & has plans for several new shows including Dennis the Menace, Hotspur's Nick Jolly The Flying Highwayman  and Marina, a young girl who could see into the future, from girls comic Spellbound. "The Amazing Mr X" has also been confirm by Westbrook Studios, run by Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith

https://downthetubes.net/dc-thomson-beano-studios-announce-emanta-studios-and-a-raft-of-tv-shows-based-on-classic-british-comic-characters

IndigoPrime

Teenage Dennis and adult Bananaman are both odd ones. I can see how the latter might work, although it feels a bit The Tick. The former? Erm.

sheridan

rogue69

The word Emanata was coined by the American cartoonist Mort Walker, to describe the dots and lines which emanate from cartoon characters

JayzusB.Christ

Well, I never knew that. Our Carlos was the king of emanta (as well as the king of everything else, of course).

I'm presuming Bananaman will be animated, in which case it's got a relatively successful precedent.  Nutty was the first comic I ever bought (while my brother was collecting progs), and I have find memories of Bananaman, even though I hate bananas with a passion.

I still think of his alter-ego as the crew-cutted Eric Wimp rather than the full-haired Little Eric, though even back then I was a bit disturbed at how his depiction as a victim of violent bullying was played for laughs.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"