Main Menu

Favourite Dredd Quotes

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 10 September, 2013, 05:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: Call-Me-Kenneth on 11 September, 2013, 02:28:50 AM
'I kneeeuuw you'd say that.....'
:D I like to say "This room has been pacified!" whenever I can.

Hmmm my favorite Dredd quotes, toughie, so many good ones.

"We start thinking that way and we're not worth a damn thing, Edison. Our prime duty is to protect the citizens. If ANYBODY shoots them, it's going to be ME." from prog 520

And I always like a good "Not now, citizen" or something like that, which he says on the page my avatar is from.

I also like the ol' joke about how the Justice Department has their own time machine, it's called ten years in the cubes.

Does "BOKK!" count as a one liner? I liked it when Dredd headbutted a werewolf.

strontium_dog_90

I've always had a soft spot for "I've got them . . .I'm just not scratching" from that old annual story about the highly contagious bug  :)

Banners

Fifty? Don't talk to me about fifty, Obeng! It's the other seventy thousand in that block I'm worried about!

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: strontium_dog_90 on 11 September, 2013, 07:40:21 AM
I've always had a soft spot for "I've got them . . .I'm just not scratching" from that old annual story about the highly contagious bug  :)

I was just about to type that!

But I recall it as a discussion between two judges who are busily scratching, infested like everyone else, some citizens are leaping to their deaths to scratch the itch. Only Dredd is not scratching.

Judge 1 'How come Dredd ain't got 'em?'
Judge 2 'He's got them, he's just not scratching.'
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ming

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 11 September, 2013, 03:23:26 AMDoes "BOKK!" count as a one liner? I liked it when Dredd headbutted a werewolf.

Heh, that whole exchange is wonderful... (letters by Tom Frame).

Jim_Campbell

Second best Dredd head butt ever.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Greg M.

"My name is Dredd. You may have heard of me. I'm a stickler." - It's an obvious one, but it gets my vote for best line in the whole series.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 10 September, 2013, 11:30:10 PM

A lovely little exchange from Full Mental Jacket, by Wagner, when Dredd finds Dog Deever bleeding out after an attempted gang hit:

'Going to need a med wagon here.'
Control: 'Twas not the dog that died, then?'
'Say again, control?'
''The man recover'd of the bite, the dog it was that died.' That's Goldsmith.'
'Yeah, well, this is Deever - and he's a tougher kind of dog altogether.'

My earlier one was from that story too, and in my opinion it was one of the best Dredds ever.  We get a complete picture of Dredd, with both his aggressive side and his human one on.  We also get a complete picture of Mega City 1 life, and how the violent, psychopathic section of the population can easily drive normal citizens to become perps themselves.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 September, 2013, 01:28:22 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 10 September, 2013, 11:30:10 PM

A lovely little exchange from Full Mental Jacket, by Wagner, when Dredd finds Dog Deever bleeding out after an attempted gang hit:

'Going to need a med wagon here.'
Control: 'Twas not the dog that died, then?'
'Say again, control?'
''The man recover'd of the bite, the dog it was that died.' That's Goldsmith.'
'Yeah, well, this is Deever - and he's a tougher kind of dog altogether.'

My earlier one was from that story too, and in my opinion it was one of the best Dredds ever.  We get a complete picture of Dredd, with both his aggressive side and his more human one on display.  We also get a complete picture of Mega City 1 life, and how the violent, psychopathic section of the population can easily drive normal citizens to become perps themselves.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 September, 2013, 09:47:57 AM

Cheers!

Jim

Jeez...that imagination of mine is always landing me in trouble! :)

...I read that one christmas morning long ago...and was itchy the rest of the bloody day!...again, that imagination. cheers.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

judgerufian

From Judgement Day

'As senior judge present, I am giving the order, BURN THE WALL!' (accompanied by a tremendous Ezquerra shouting Dredd close up)

Dark Jimbo

A line that always made me laugh for some reason was from Satan's Last Assault on Grud's Kingdom, by Alan Grant, when he adds another sixty days to a young woman's sentence for 'mangling the language.'
@jamesfeistdraws

Dash Decent

From Dredd vs Aliens/Incubus
Sanchez: What's the point?  We're going to die!
Dredd: The point is how we die.

From "I <3 Judge Dredd" (a Big Finish audio production)
Dredd (asked how he feels about been reintroduced to a small time perp he'd put away in the cubes six years earlier): Underwhelmed.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Richmond Clements

From Sin City, when Dredd stops two muties trying to break into MC-1.

Mutie 1: We have heard many wondrous things about Mega-City one.

Mutie 2: It's a place of great happiness where all live in peace and harmony. Where strange creatures like us are judge by what is in our hearts, not what we look like.

Dredd: You've been misinformed.