Main Menu

PJ's Weekly Live Sketch Show

Started by pauljholden, 17 May, 2020, 11:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

Details at my blog: https://www.pauljholden.com/2020/05/17/pj-holdens-live-sketch-show/

The gist, Starting Saturday, I'll be doing Live Sketching from 9pm for around an hour. The sketches will be commissions, A5 pencil headshots for £30. If you'd like one just email me pjholden@gmail.com with the subject "Live Sketch: " then whatever it is you want in the subject. Payment on completion via paypal.

Why a5? Small enough to fit in envelopes that I can post through a letterbox. No need for the post office!

Plus £30 is a pretty reasonable price for a fun little sketch. And you get to watch me draw it live.

I can do about 7 per show, right now my list for Saturday IS EMPTY!

You can watch the pilot here: www.twitch.tv/pjholden

pauljholden

Here's a quick 5 minute chunk out of the one hour show from last night... drawing Dredd... https://www.twitch.tv/videos/624219999?tt_medium=mobile_web_share&tt_content=vod

pauljholden

I'm largely booked up sketch slots for this saturday (from 9) on twitch.tv/pjholden

But if you're interested in tuning in you can watch me draw the following:

Morbius The Living Vampire
Pops (from my graphic novel with Garth Ennis, The Stringbags)
Dredd
-my choice dunno yet, an ABC warrior maybe?-
Domino
Dredd
Johnny Alpha

https://www.pauljholden.com/2020/05/19/saturday-live-sketch-show/

IndigoPrime

I'm a bit surprised there's not more love for this thread. I watched most of the recent show on Twitter, and it was great to see a 2000 AD artist at work. (PJ's Johnny Alpha is rather good!) Well worth checking out, whether or not you fancy grabbing a sketch of your own.

Colin YNWA

Watched a couple of bits of Twitch (which I only know as the boy child seems obsessed with some game called Tabs we don't even own as you can't get it on Switch!) and will defo be watching more if I can.

pauljholden

Right now, my list for this saturday is FULL!

Still I can take requests for NEXT Saturday...

I've found twitter views are massively more than twitch views, I suspect that's cus I have a large twitter following and almost no twitch following, so this saturday I'm gonna try and simulcast to both!

Proudhuff

Acht, 9pm Saturday is my virtual pub night ....
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Intrigued to see what 'My Choice' will be. I take it with Twitch we can watch this on 'catch-up'?

IndigoPrime

Twitter has catch-up as well, IIRC.

pauljholden

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 19 May, 2020, 04:58:14 PM
Intrigued to see what 'My Choice' will be. I take it with Twitch we can watch this on 'catch-up'?

YUp, if you go to twitch right now you'll see the most recent one.

Still figuring it out, but looks like I should be able to multistream, then I'll have to try and keep an eye on comments as the pop up! Looking forward to Saturday now!

pauljholden

Hey all!

Tonight from 9pm, live broadcasting sketches, watch me draw on twitch, facebook, youtube or twitter and you can comment, ask me questions and it'll be a fun old hour and a bit of chat. (Doesn't matter which platfrom you use, should still be able to see your comments!) Prices for sketches on the website, booked up for tonight, but next week there's a few slots open!

https://www.pauljholden.com/saturday-night-live-sketch-show/

Archives of the show will be on YOUTUBE - and twitch (though twitch deletes them after a certain amount of time)

But the fun will be be in being their and chatting! You can comment in any of the live venues, and I'll see all comments, and try and read and respond to as many as possible!

Tonight I'll be drawing:

Morbius, Pops (from The Stringbags), Dredd, Domino, Dredd, Johnny Alpha, and Roac son of Carc from the Hobbit

If it's a lot of fun and someone wants to ask me for a sketch during the show and there's time I'll try and get a commission or two done for anyone watching too.

Colin YNWA

Okay things have shifted around and our weekly Zoom Quiz shifted from its normal slot of Friday has now been cancelled so might be able to watch this live now, which will be pretty interesting - booked the telly and have my treat posh beer to go with it (again from cancelled Zoom Quiz). Hopefully see some of you folks in the comments...

pauljholden

Nudging this to say...30minutes...

Colin YNWA

That was great fun. And well worth checking out if folks didn't see it.

Have to say, thought the Batman was good, but that Johnny Alpha was something else again!

Will defo tune in next week - timings willing. If its 8pm think my daughter might watch IF we can book the time and other things willing.

Have to say dealing with all the gremlins and sliding camera arms, keeping cool and chaties and drawing up a storm was quite something.

pauljholden

Well, that was a lot of fun. Next week I think I'll move to 8pm start. Glad you enjoyed it Colin!

-PJ