Main Menu

Judge Dredd retires? Dies of old age?

Started by judgeurko, 06 September, 2015, 01:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

If anyone's ever wondered why more fans don't become comic writers, this thread provides a compelling answer.

Woolly

Quote from: Frank on 09 November, 2019, 01:45:52 PM

If anyone's ever wondered why more fans don't become comic writers, this thread provides a compelling answer.

You're not wrong  :lol:

That said, I'd definately read the one about exploding balls...

TordelBack

Quote from: Frank on 09 November, 2019, 01:45:52 PM

Plenty of folk from this very site (and its predecessors) have done exactly that, with sexy results.

Picking just one idea from all the silliness, I'd love to see a story pick up on Rico having attended the Texas City academy, and his resultant drawl. Big missed opportunity in the Carroll Texas takeover story.

Frank

Not one of these losers has suggested starting a new Kelvin timeline. They aren't ready to go pro.

The Legendary Shark

You've obviously never noticed the Sharkverse. It's subtle, but it's there...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

(So fiendishly subtle, in fact, that nobody has...)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Quote from: Frank on 09 November, 2019, 05:37:22 PM

Not one of these losers has suggested starting a new Kelvin timeline. They aren't ready to go pro.
No one is until they've mastered lens flare.

JayzusB.Christ

None of you understand. Mark Millar (in many ways, the Dredd writer, explained it years ago.  He's kept in a big freezer and is defrosted sometimes to deal with the likes of Red Razors (in many ways the 2000ad character).

So the Dreddworld continues in real time, with 2000ad coming out once every ten or fifteen years, written by John Wagner with Mark Millar's brain transplanted into him and kept in Susan.  Sorry, I mean sus-an.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Woolly

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 10 November, 2019, 02:26:07 PM
None of you understand. Mark Millar (in many ways, the Dredd writer, explained it years ago.  He's kept in a big freezer and is defrosted sometimes to deal with the likes of Red Razors (in many ways the 2000ad character).

So the Dreddworld continues in real time, with 2000ad coming out once every ten or fifteen years, written by John Wagner with Mark Millar's brain transplanted into him and kept in Susan.  Sorry, I mean sus-an.

Works for me  :thumbsup:

Bolt-01

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 08 November, 2019, 05:22:23 PM
I refer the honourable readers to FATHER FIGURE in ZARJAZ #9.

Cheers Tip, you beat me to it!

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 08 November, 2019, 07:48:51 PM
Quote from: Steve Green link=topic=42533.msg889869 #msg889869 date=1441544886I'd quite like a bumper prog with various Dredd writers and artists doing a 'Death of Judge Dredd' just for fun.
Or a Zarjaz special. If that's on the cards, Bolt, I'm in!

Hmmm...

CalHab

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 10 November, 2019, 02:26:07 PM

I see that I'm not the only person who mixes up Demolition Man and the '95 Judge Dredd film.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.