Main Menu

Hello thar

Started by Hairwolf, 04 July, 2012, 08:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: rog on 05 July, 2012, 05:53:13 PM
So what prog did they give the pencil away with?

I'm looking at my 2000ad pencil right now, and even though Barney's just a click away (props to The Cosh), those little series guides they gave away in the early Nineties are still dead handy. The Complete Judge Dredd gave away a really nice judge's badge that looked like it was based on a Robin Smith design; it was made from fairly flimsy plastic, though, so it's long gone.

The prog-binder I got for having a drawing printed in the Nerve Centre was never used, and the Rogue Trooper mug with the heat sensitive message ("dispensing coffee, Rogue!") must have got smashed somewhere along the way. The 12 piece Dredd jigsaw attached to The Megazine must represent the nadir of freebies.

JOE SOAP

There should be a 35th Anniversary Space-Spinner.

Quote from: bikini kill on 10 July, 2012, 08:21:57 PM
The prog-binder I got for having a drawing printed in the Nerve Centre was never used

Better let Buttonman know.

Hairwolf

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 July, 2012, 08:25:49 PM

Now there's an idea, any chance O mighty one?

rog

Quote from: bikini kill on 10 July, 2012, 08:21:57 PM
Quote from: rog on 05 July, 2012, 05:53:13 PM
So what prog did they give the pencil away with?

I'm looking at my 2000ad pencil right now, and even though Barney's just a click away (props to The Cosh), those little series guides they gave away in the early Nineties are still dead handy. The Complete Judge Dredd gave away a really nice judge's badge that looked like it was based on a Robin Smith design; it was made from fairly flimsy plastic, though, so it's long gone.

The prog-binder I got for having a drawing printed in the Nerve Centre was never used, and the Rogue Trooper mug with the heat sensitive message ("dispensing coffee, Rogue!") must have got smashed somewhere along the way. The 12 piece Dredd jigsaw attached to The Megazine must represent the nadir of freebies.
Hmmm, seems that I nissed a few of those but I guess I'll cope ;)

Quote from: Hairwolf on 10 July, 2012, 09:09:32 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 July, 2012, 08:25:49 PM

Now there's an idea, any chance O mighty one?
LOL

judgefloyd

Dear Tharg, please make another Space Spinner because mine is stuck on a school roof 35 years ago.

you never know

rog

They gave away a silver space spinner with the new Eagle comic when it came out in the 80s.

Hairwolf

Quote from: judgefloyd on 11 July, 2012, 12:42:21 AM
Dear Tharg, please make another Space Spinner because mine is stuck on a school roof 35 years ago.

you never know

Might even make it to the letters page  :lol:

Hairwolf

Quote from: rog on 11 July, 2012, 08:03:11 AM
They gave away a silver space spinner with the new Eagle comic when it came out in the 80s.

Ah but what could compete with the original red?

PEO

darnmarr

Hello Hairywolf!
I reckon the 'space-spinner' was tat, the Dredd badge was great and a pencil? -it reminds me of a punk fanzine I saw years ago where each issue had a free twig* (from the 'battle-of-the-twigs').

Charlie boy

GordyM

Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file