Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

Quote from: bikini kill on 27 May, 2012, 07:43:37 PM
Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 24 May, 2012, 10:41:06 PM
QuoteA glam/slightly pop rock band, with an exceptionally sultry singer called The Pretty Reckless.
Are you a 13 year old girl?

I can't imagine what got Dweezil interested in The Pretty Reckless.

Friends (Brooklyn band) is how I'm accompanying my attempts to stay in the shade of various trees and avoid having my translucently white skin burn, flake and peel. How much vitamin D did the evolutionary process expect I'd need to absorb?

Guilty as charged!  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

shaolin_monkey

There a series of classical music out on iTunes at the mo, called 'Seven Deadly Sins'.  There are 7 'albums' each with 50 tracks on, and each having a sinful theme.  They are fairly well known pieces.  I downloaded the 'Envy' and 'Wrath' ones, and although the versions aren't quite the best you can get, you get a lot of cool music for your money.  The 'Wrath' one is great for the gym!

Also I'm well into Orange Goblin at the mo.  Wish I'd come across these guys before.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

GordyM

Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

I, Cosh

Got the new collection of the complete works of Bitch Magnet last week. I'm rather disappointed to find they were better in memory than reality.
Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 03 May, 2012, 12:04:33 AM
The new Actress record is great, if a little formless.
I like it a lot. It doesn't fizzle out halfway through like Splazsh.
We never really die.

HOO-HAA

This month's Metal Hammer is a Black Sabbath special with a cracking free CD, jampacked full of Sabbathian doom from the likes of Blood Ceremony, Electric Wizard and Church of Misery. Well worth grabbing :)

Aonghus

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 29 May, 2012, 06:55:01 PM
The new El-P album is good.

If I didn't know better, I'd say this guy was trollin'  ::)

Got Tom Waits' Blue Valentine for a fiver today; dead pleased!

Third Estate Ned

What's wrong with El-P? He makes some brilliant music. This is a particular favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuYf2-B2wAc

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Aonghus on 31 May, 2012, 11:38:01 PM

Got Tom Waits' Blue Valentine for a fiver today; dead pleased!

Now there's something about that record on vinyl that is just so right. Best of his Asylum albums.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Im quite into ColorMusic at the moment. I am pretty partial to the grungey base thang going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUbozabt9HA&feature=relmfu
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Mudcrab

Quote from: HOO-HAA on 30 May, 2012, 07:31:13 PM
This month's Metal Hammer is a Black Sabbath special with a cracking free CD, jampacked full of Sabbathian doom from the likes of Blood Ceremony, Electric Wizard and Church of Misery. Well worth grabbing :)

I hope Sleep are on it! Had a ball last week seeing them twice. They were the best thing at the ATP gig, closely followed by pretty much everything else, Melvins fantastic as usual with a few surprise tracks played (cover of The Wipers' Youth of America, one of my favourites). Yob were superb but way too short a set (seeing as 45 minutes for them is only 3 songs!), hopefully catch them again sometime. Slayer were pretty good too, though was a bit worse for wear by then. Great fun, best gig ever.

That didn't come close to the 2 hour set in Glasgow though, much smaller, cosier place with more of a "stand and appreciate it" crowd, as opposed to the fairly bouncy crowd at Alexandra Palace. A Storm of Light were excellent too, really nice visuals (unsurprisingly, seeing as Josh Graham does all the visuals for Neurosis), which were black and white in Glasgow, in colour in London, which was kind of spooky, but nice that it was different.

Now getting prepared for Kyuss Lives, Soundgarden and Sabbath a week on Sunday!!!! Woohoo! 20 years since I've been to Donington  :o

The mighty Al Cisneros (Sleep) attached, courtesy of someone posting on the Melvins forum.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Frank

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 01 June, 2012, 08:15:06 AM
Im quite into ColorMusic at the moment. I am pretty partial to the grungey base thang going on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUbozabt9HA&feature=relmfu

Music's great, the singing's contemptible. That video's use of vintage cheesecake is interesting, though; even if the point it's making isn't particularly subtle or original. Thanks for the recommendation, Kowalsky. I'm now a spotify expert on Colourmusic and I've given in to Youtube's demand that I tell other users that I 'thumbs up' their video with all the teddy bear gore.

Mudcrab; I'm still in two minds about Kyuss Lives, please feel free to let us know what you think after the show. "I don't really care about the money, I never have ... so to punctuate the end of our sentence with that would be blasphemy ... reunions are just not necessary ... I'm too proud of it to rub my dick on it" –Josh Homme. Then again, I remember thinking Slayer should have split before they all got fat and bald; now I hope they keep touring until Kerry King has to have a colostomy bag  incorporated into his stage wear. 

Mudcrab

I saw Kyuss Lives last year in Glasgow, they were great! I can understand Homme's point of view but it does seem a bit like snobbery. Like he's going to make more money from a Kyuss tour than playing pop music with QotSA? Nope, that one doesn't wash. Still, don't think Nick Olivieri will be with them this time, think he's been locked up, at least he was on a charge involving guns, drugs and holding his girfriend hostage. Not that I'd know the differene, but I didn't feel they were missing anything with Homme/Reeder not being with them.

Heh, Slayer have still got it, although they did redo one song that they fucked up  :lol: No Jeff Hanneman, replaced by Gary Holt from Exodus, so that was awesome! Will see 2 others (Anthrax, Megadeth) of "the big 4" next week too, 3 if we can grab cheap tickets for the Saturday. Metallica doing the Black album, which I find hard to get excited about. Not that I'm excited about Anthrax or Megadeth, beyond I am the Law  :D
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

dracula1

Today l have mostly tuned into MIA's 'Vicky Leekz mixtape'!  It's a bamboo banger!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!