Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judda fett

Quote from: NapalmKev on 17 February, 2014, 08:31:47 PM

Quite good, not heard that before. Reminded me a bit of Cypress Hills and their guitar/rock based albums (Cypress H are another fave of mine)

Nice one Judda.

Cheers

No worries. Can't find any online links to the other one I mentioned but discogs has a few for sale on vinyl though.

8-Ball

Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

ZenArcade

I see eightball's campaign to make Colin McNeill Ard Ri is coming on nicely. :lol:
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Ancient Otter

Just listened to two albums recently and realized they are on near weekly play for the last few years for me, the Nuggets anthology I mentioned earlier in the thread and (MIA) collection by Germs

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

I, Cosh

How could anyone on here pass up the opportunity to listen to a new album from a band called Slough Feg (formerly Lord Weird Slough Feg)? I almost made it halfway through. With it's buzzy, Maiden-lite guitars and overwrought vocals seemingly about Viking warriors battling corrupted firewalls, this is hilariously bad stuff.

For something actually worth listening to, Neneh Cherry's new album was the one I've most been looking forward to this year and maybe it doesn't quite live up to those expectations but it's still grand stuff.
We never really die.

mimikeke

Quote from: The Cosh on 25 February, 2014, 10:56:42 AM
How could anyone on here pass up the opportunity to listen to a new album from a band called Slough Feg (formerly Lord Weird Slough Feg)? I almost made it halfway through. With it's buzzy, Maiden-lite guitars and overwrought vocals seemingly about Viking warriors battling corrupted firewalls, this is hilariously bad stuff.

I saw Slough Feg quite a bit the past few years as they are a local band, they put on a really good show!  The lead singer is quite entertaining to watch :)  I remember thinking "wtf is their name about" before I started reading 2000AD.

Dash Decent

No Going Back - new studio album from Stiff Little Fingers.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

shaolin_monkey

Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus.  Wow.  Good album!  Wish I'd checked these guys out years ago!

Ancient Otter

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 25 February, 2014, 01:17:38 PM
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus.  Wow.  Good album!  Wish I'd checked these guys out years ago!

One of the best tongue-in-cheek album titles ever?

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 25 February, 2014, 08:20:06 PM

But also incredibly accurate!

Greg M.

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 25 February, 2014, 08:59:41 PM

It's a great record, though I'd probably rate 'Nightfall' even higher 'cos of the arrival of Messiah Marcolin.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Greg M. on 25 February, 2014, 09:04:03 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 25 February, 2014, 08:59:41 PM

It's a great record, though I'd probably rate 'Nightfall' even higher 'cos of the arrival of Messiah Marcolin.

Yeah, I've heard that!  'Nightfall' is next on the list, once I've digested 'Epicus'.

Greg M.

Are you a big doom fan already, shaolin_monkey, or just getting into the genre?

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Greg M. on 25 February, 2014, 10:02:49 PM
Are you a big doom fan already, shaolin_monkey, or just getting into the genre?

I think it's safe to say 'I dabble'.  I'm mostly prog metal, or NWOBHM, but do tread outside of that significantly in all sorts of directions.

Do you have any other recommendations?