Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

8-Ball

I was looking for something else and I came across this long forgotten (by me) classic -

Idlewild - In Remote Part/Scottish Fiction
http://youtu.be/3QOBOss-nEU
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

CrazyFoxMachine

Hawkmumbler

It's a bit phenomenal isn't it?! Roundabot is amazing to boot.

Might continue my forray into 70's prog rock...

CrazyFoxMachine

See anything you don't recognise here? Soak it up!

Hawkmumbler

Pretty much all of that is new to me. I have some listening to attend to!

James Stacey

dad-rock-tastic mate
I'm currently listening to the new pledge album by Tony Wright (him offa Terrorvision) and it's a splendid slice of acoustic gorgeousness 

Sideshow Bob

My Goodness CFM......That's like a flashback to my early teen years...

Especially....Wishbone Ash : Argus.....Camel : The Snow Goose and King Crimson.  Although my 1st album of theirs was In The Court of The Crimson King...

Awesome stuff, there..
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Frank

FKA Twigs looks and sounds so sweet, but she's got a mouth on her like a docker. I don't think any of the promises she makes during the course of that song constitute a legally binding contract. She's so effortlessly cool she can even musically quote from Air Supply and get away with it.

ThryllSeekyr

I knew someone that has that Argus cd.

zombemybabynow

Carl Hiassen audio books - Floridean bliss !
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Frank

I woke up with this in my head for no reason at all. I haven't heard or thought about it since childhood, and the only other purchase it has on my consciousness is that it was the basis of a gag in Cheers. Frasier's asked to say a few words at a special occasion and starts in on what appears to be one of his pompous, Keats-and-Kierkegaard-quote strewn monologues. "I heard a song on the radio today which seems to bear no small measure of relevance to the situation in which we find ourselves here.  ...

Everybody, have fun tonight,
Everybody, Wang Chung tonight
"

8-Ball

I went to see Guardians Of The Galaxy yesterday. This has now worked its way into my brain and it won't leave.

Redbone - Come And Get Your Love http://youtu.be/0ypl42Jra5w
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

amines2058

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 15 August, 2014, 06:12:01 PM
Carl Hiassen audio books - Floridean bliss !

Oooh that may have to be a new acquisition. I love a bit of Hiassen and have read everything but the past 2 -3 novels. I used to visit the area where the novels are set regularly and you can actually picture the characters he writes out there. South Florida is a strange (but amazing) place indeed!

NapalmKev

Linkin Park: The Hunting Party.

I like it!

The album is far heavier than their last couple of efforts. More of a rock/metal sound and a slight toning down of the Synths.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"