Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 08 October, 2013, 08:10:17 PM
Long term Squaxx will, of course, recall that said band's supposed rivalry with Bob Geldof & co provided the names for the competing teams who formed the backdrop to Judge Dekker's first case.

And Dave's first public success as a tipster.

Frank

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 09 October, 2013, 07:16:25 AM
Tom Clancy has died again?!

We're going to have a gay old time here when George A Romero shuffles off this mortal coil. Mark Chopper Read, at the age of 58, due to liver cancer. After God struck him down with that affliction, He apparently adopted a conciliatory tone and addressed Chopper as 'Mate'.

I ONLY KILLED FOUR PEOPLE

rogue69

Actor & comedian Felix Dexter

Mabs

Quote from: rogue69 on 19 October, 2013, 11:29:17 AM

What? How? I'm really shocked to hear about it. He seemed likea great guy, I loved his comedic turns in Vaughan's films.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Mabs

Oh shit, I got him mixed up with someone else. My bad. A great loss nonetheless. I remember him from The Bill and Casualty. Seemed like a top guy.

R.I.P
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Skullmo

I heard this last night. A great loss to the world of comedy. His work on the Real McCoy in the 1990s was some amazing and very influential to many other character comedians. The Real McCoy has never been re-shown or repeated by the BBC for some reason, but there is some of it on Youtube.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Heath C Ackley

A great shame. Dexter played Saffy's husband in Ab fab. He also played several brilliant characters on Paul Whitehouse' s Down The Line, on radio 4 and on TV.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Eric Plumrose

Hard to say how much I rate him, Dexter's stuff being pretty much limited to what I saw him do for THE REAL McCOY. I caught only a couple of episodes after Curtis and Ishmael left, by which time the show seemed more intent on being crowd-pleasing than funny.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

The Doctor Alt 8

You know I was hoping that this news WASN'T true. It was all over Twitter last night but it only came from one source so there were doubts.

A great shame.

Spikes

At first i thought this was the chap from Press Gang, amongst other stuff.
But a quick google put me straight.

Dont think i caught that much of his stuff, but i did catch him on the Fast Show. And anything to do with the Fast Show is pure Gold, imo.
R.I.P, Mr Dexter.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

shaolin_monkey

I'm pretty sure I saw him in Citizen Khan last night.

A.Cow

Quote from: Judge Jack on 19 October, 2013, 07:16:15 PM
Dont think i caught that much of his stuff, but i did catch him on the Fast Show. And anything to do with the Fast Show is pure Gold, imo.
R.I.P, Mr Dexter.

I suspect that a number of people around the Internet (myself included) are confusing him with Colin McFarlane, who was a regular on the Fast Show.  Felix Dexter did make a fleeting appearance in the show, but it was for a single sketch.  Both very talented men, though.  RIP Mr Dexter.

von Boom

Lou Scheimer, 84. His company Filmation produced Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids, Star Trek: The Animated Series, He-Man and Masters of the Universe, and others.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/22/business/media/lou-scheimer-tv-cartoon-producer-dies-at-84.html?_r=1&

A.Cow

Quote from: von Boom on 23 October, 2013, 07:35:58 PM
Lou Scheimer, 84. His company Filmation produced Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids, Star Trek: The Animated Series, He-Man and Masters of the Universe, and others.

His work is de rigeur for my students -- the nadir of bargain-basement limited-cel TV animation, gleefully stamping the cartoon ration card of 1970s & '80s kids until the prosperity of the computer-assisted era.  Lou Scheimer and Norm Prescott, with your rotating logo -- we salute you!