Main Menu

Scream Collection from Rebellion

Started by Tjm86, 22 August, 2018, 07:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Awesome news in this week's Thrill Mail!  Scream getting a reprint outing from Rebellion, including a hardback edition.  Just in time for Halloween.

IndigoPrime

Specifically, Thirteenth Floor. Limited to 250 copies. Well, 249 now. *yoink*

M.I.K.

How come the hardback edition weighs less than the paperback edition?

Tjm86

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 August, 2018, 07:27:24 PM
Specifically, Thirteenth Floor.

Gah!  Aye, that's the one.  Not going well today!

oh, and 248 ....  Not sure if they're going to bookplate / art card it.  Hope so but still.

Ghastly McNasty

Have just purchased the hardback. Cover to awesome to resist.

Blue Cactus

Does this take the story any further than the Hibernia collections, do we think?

broodblik

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 25 August, 2018, 11:44:53 PM
Does this take the story any further than the Hibernia collections, do we think?

I think the first volume covers everything that was published in Scream.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

M.I.K.

Bit more than that, it seems. It has more pages than the two Hibernia collections combined, (about another Hibernia collection's worth).

broodblik

So it will most likely cover the first section out The Eagle as well.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Blue Cactus

Grand. I was probably going to buy it anyway but good to hear it may well have some stuff I haven't read yet. Thanks, page counters.

broodblik

Do anyone know which titles that ran in The Eagle is owned by Rebellion ?

Professor Bear

They only own the stuff that originated elsewhere in titles they've since bought up (MACH 1, MACH 0, Ant Wars, Monster, Thirteenth Floor, Johnny Red, Charley's War, Star Rider, the Wildcat strips, etc), but I think if they were determined they might make a case for one or two things like BloodFang, which might have been the subject of a lawsuit if it hadn't originated from the same company that published Flesh - though at a mere 120-odd pages of material, I can't see Rebellion being that bothered.

Greg M.

Ordered - hopefully this collection takes us up to Max being shut down and the subsequent erasure from existence of Bert Runch, something that disturbed me as a boy and which I've been dying to read again for years.

Robo-K33F

It goes up to Max being (maybe) shut down and includes more Eagle material than the Hibernia collection.

The Amstor Computer

Yep - we got as far as the arrest of Bert Runch and Jerry starting to get more suspicious of Max, which was around 100 pages of material across two slim volumes and got us about 40 pages into the Eagle incarnation of The Thirteenth Floor IIRC.

If this first volume goes up to Max being (possibly) shut down then that leaves around 300 pages of Eagle strip to reprint - including the bonkers gents' boutique stuff :-D