Main Menu

Hello to all...

Started by Newmark, 09 November, 2009, 12:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newmark

Hello everyone!

After several long years in the wilderness I've recently returned to the 2000ad fold.
I don't honestly know what I was thinking wasting all that time away. Fortunately thanks to a friend kind enough to lend me some back progs, I've been trying to repair some of the damage.
Anyhow, been back on the wagon for a few months now and figured since I've decided to re-immerse myself into the world of 2000ad I might as well go the whole hog and join an online community. This seemed the best place to start.
So once again hello! I look forward to posting/participating...

COMMANDO FORCES

Hello Newmark, glad you've come out from the cold and into this mighty shed that holds all us thrill seekers.
Welcome aboard!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Hello, welcome to the greatest board on earth.

Mike Gloady

This is the friendliest place on the web, mate and we always love to see new faces.  We don't even slice them off and nail them to the wall anymore (Tharg the spoilsport said it wasn't on - tchuh!).

Welcome aboard the Thrill-ship!  Strap yourself in.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Paul faplad Finch

It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Bouwel

-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Martin Howe

Hi and welcome to the galaxy's greatest board :)
In space, no-one can hear you KILL an ALIEN
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Dandontdare

[adopts 'Godfather' accent]: Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in

welcome back - there is no escape!

planetmirth

Welcome Newmark, you've certainly come to the right place to re-immerse yourself into the world of 2000ad.
'A computer once beat me in chess... but it was no match for me in kick-boxing!'
Visual Effects Examples

HOO-HAA

vzzbux

Welcome on board.

But beware of lurkers.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Newmark

Thanks for the welcome guys, it feels good to be amongst the faithful!

I've actually been back reading the weekly for a good few months now (since the beginning of summer or thereabouts) but haven't actually set my sights on the Meg yet, though back in the day I used to be a regular collector of that also.
How does it fare these days? Is it worth a look?

N

Hoagy

Welcome. On top of the site we a working on our own 24 hour channel, radio station, gaming emporium and fully stocked virtual comic library. Lend them out at 2.50 for 3 days. Its all go. Hi. I'm k.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Mike Gloady

Ah, the Meg?

Hmmmmmmm.  It's not at it's best at the moment, presumably suffering because the prog's on a high.  Check out the Meg section of the Reviews subforum.  The current Meg (and it's format) is by no means universally panned, but even it's defenders like me admit that it could be improved.  Unfortunately for Tharg, none of us agree that much on HOW. 

I'd recommend holding off for the moment, try the Christmas Meg and see how that grabs you.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

Welcome, Newmark.

Yeah, the Meg just suffers in comparison with the Prog at the moment, but there are green shoots in the reprint department (geddit, Lilly = green shoots, topical reference, that sort of thing).