Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tankie

Yes you did.  Perhaps you should read your own post again or get a grown up to read it for you.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Old Tankie on 23 October, 2013, 09:31:08 PM
Yes you did.  Perhaps you should read your own post again or get a grown up to read it for you.

He absolutely didn't.

Hawkmumbler

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Old Tankie on 23 October, 2013, 09:31:08 PM

Where do I say that Tesco don't pay any of their shelf stackers, you colossal fuckwit? Where? Please quote the section of my post where I state this or retract your idiotic assertion.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Old Tankie

Richmond, he said, "If Tesco has shelves that need stacking, why the f*** isn't Tesco paying minimum wage and employing someone to do it?"

Richmond, obviously, I'm not as educated as you and Jim, but why couldn't one read that as saying that no one stacking shelves at Tesco's is getting paid by Tesco's?

Yes, good point Hawkmonger, I shall now retire ungraciously!!

Just about to post, Jim, when I saw your last reply.  You really do have a short fuse!!  I recommend Kalpol!

Professor Bear

Jim is Scottish, elderly, currently sober and a Sisters Of Mercy fan, so I'd say his short temper is both to be expected and the least of his problems.

Richmond Clements

QuoteRichmond, obviously, I'm not as educated as you and Jim, but why couldn't one read that as saying that no one stacking shelves at Tesco's is getting paid by Tesco's?

I have absolutely no idea how or why you could read it the way you did, because I doubt anyone else did.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Professor Vundabar K Werewolf on 23 October, 2013, 09:59:02 PM
Jim is Scottish, elderly, currently sober and a Sisters Of Mercy fan, so I'd say his short temper is both to be expected and the least of his problems.

Scottish..? News to him, I suspect...

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Professor Vundabar K Werewolf on 23 October, 2013, 09:59:02 PM
He's a Scotch?! Mr. Clements. We can not allow this blatant abuse of forum free entry policies!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Old Tankie on 23 October, 2013, 09:54:46 PM
Just about to post, Jim, when I saw your last reply.  You really do have a short fuse!!  I recommend Kalpol!

Yeah. Wilfully misreading my posts in order to distort my position and score a cheap point will tend to rub me up the wrong way. I'm funny like that.

Professor Bear

I apologize deeply for suggesting Jim is Scotch.  So far as I know he has never taken heroin or had a heart attack.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 23 October, 2013, 10:00:29 PM
Scottish..? News to him, I suspect...

I've been on the receiving end of some pretty offensive accusations over the years, but I have to draw the line at THIS!

Och!

Jim

JamesC

Campbell's Scottish isn't it?

A more important political point - when are they going to stop selling fireworks to the general public in the middle of October?
Some twat is setting them off right outside and my cat is freaking out.

Old Tankie

I didn't "wilfully" misread anything, it's just the way that I read it.  I certainly didn't swear at you nor insult you.

I've "rubbed you up the wrong way."  On a forum?  We're not down the pub, I don't know you.  Probably never met you (although my lad might have done, he's in a similar game as you).  You can't smack me in the mouth, we're not face-to-face!!  How can a bit of banter on a forum wind you up so much?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Yeah Jim.

Not touching, can't get mad :P
You may quote me on that.